Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!

Sections

Who's Online
65 user(s) are online (42 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 0
Guests: 65

more...

Headlines

Register To Post  

Snes9x NG version 1.62.3 release 4 Software/Opengl/EGL_Wrapper renderers
Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

See User information
Hello,

New release of my latest version of Snes9XNG with all renders supported.

Just CONTRIB is not include on my archive

the contribution will be a full-fledged archive from now on for management reasons and maintaining updates for the contributor (thank you for your understanding)

http://hunoppc.amiga-projects.net/con ... amicom-emulator-snes9x-ng

And on OS4Depot

*28/04/24 1.62.3 release 4
- Added new renderer : OPENGL 1.3
- Added new renderer : EGL_WRAP
- Added new renderer : SOFTWARE
- Added choice of render: Software/OpenGL/Compositing/EGL_Wrap
- Added SkinFX for renders without Overscan (just on renders: Software/OpenGL)
- Up sound buffer to 210 ms by default
- Added option -displayrenderer for show renderer
- Added option -filterhardware (OpenGL Compositing and EGL_Wrap), LINEAR is activated and by default is NEAREST
- GUI is now V1.0.8
- Added render EGL_Wrap with 5 Filters shaders CRT (effect), please do not use vsync with a low machines
* "Shader CRT Low"
* "Shader CRT High"
* "Shader CRT Scanline Low"
* "Shader CRT Scanline High"
* "Shader CRT No Scanline"
- Added 9 Skins created by me for this engine (internal engine)
- GUI now lock unnecessary options with differents renderers
- Rewrite 3 renderers SOFTWARE/OPENGL and EGL_WRAP
- Added on GUI : "Saved states" with 9 buttons and button "launch selected save"
- Added option QWERTY for keys on AmigaInput parameters
- Now name of Hardware is on display renderer
- Now show fps is without show name of hardware
- Fixed keyboard wrapper on SDL1
- Fixed GUI crash without ROMS (thanks Alex)
- Added new icon tooltype GUI_FADE_EFFECT for add fade effect on GUI, disabled is (GUI_FADE_EFFECT)

Good test and good games

HunoPPC

AmigaOS 4.1 Rulez
Resized Image
Go to top
Re: Snes9x NG version 1.62.3 release 4 Software/Opengl/EGL_Wrapper renderers
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
@HunoPPC

Thanks Huno for the new version I have already tried it but it seems that the software renderer mode is broken, did you use SDL1 libraries for it?

Otherwise great that they disabled the fade in out function so the SnesGui starts much faster. Seems the OpenGL mode works best for me although it runs over Wazp3d. Composit also works but then there are problems with the sound output although it does not come to 100% CPU load.

A small video which shows the problems.

The video is currently being edited for better playback in higher resolutions.

Attention! This video is only intended to show the problems and I will remove it from the forum later so as not to slow it down.

MacStudio ARM M1 Max Qemu//Pegasos2 AmigaOs4.1 FE
Go to top
Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

See User information
@Maijestro

Good morning,

Thank you for your feedback but I personally tested this new version on native machines (SAM440, software and opengl rendering actually goes through SDL1 but I don't see the connection).

@all

If anyone else can give us feedback on the tests carried out on machines other than mine that would be perfect.

Thank you for your feedback

AmigaOS 4.1 Rulez
Resized Image
Go to top
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
@HunoPPC

Quote:

Thank you for your feedback but I personally tested this new version on native machines (SAM440, software and opengl rendering actually goes through SDL1 but I don't see the connection).

The Qemu/Pegasos2 machine currently has problems with old SDL1 libraries and it leads to unsightly artifacts and distortions.

The AmigaOneXe/Sam460 machine does not have these problems and we do not yet know exactly what the problem is, as the Pegasos2/AmigaOneXe machine is based on the same code. At the moment it is suspected that it could be something in the AmigaOs4.1 kernel that only occurs with the Pegasos2 version of AmigaOs4.1 in combination with the SiliconMotion 502 graphics card.

As far as we know it is due to the 16-bit bitmaps of SDL1

SDL2 from version 2.26.5 uses 32-bit bitmaps in all applications and this also works very well under Qemu/Pegasos2.

https://github.com/AmigaPorts/SDL/rele ... /v2.26.5-release-amigaos4

If possible could you provide the software renderer via SDL2 so that it works on all systems?

For example: MilkyTracker/BreakHack/LiteXL and new ports that use SDL2 libraries for software rendering work without problems.

On real hardware it doesn't matter if the software renderer is available via SDL1 or SDL2 as 3D acceleration is mainly preferred here.

Edited by Maijestro on 2024/5/3 19:23:58
MacStudio ARM M1 Max Qemu//Pegasos2 AmigaOs4.1 FE
Go to top

Register To Post