Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!

Sections

Who's Online
149 user(s) are online (133 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 1
Guests: 148

Swisso, more...

Headlines

Register To Post  

« 1 (2)
Re: Infinity Music Player works under AOS4!!!
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
@smarkusg

Thanks for the video now I have an idea how it looks like under AmigaOs3.2.

MacStudio ARM M1 Max Qemu//Pegasos2 AmigaOs4.1 FE
Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
@Maijestro

There is definitely a wrong calculation of inner width, inner height, I expect break on AmigaOS3.2 if he had used a bigger window title font.

(NutsAboutAmiga)

Basilisk II for AmigaOS4
AmigaInputAnywhere
Excalibur
and other tools and apps.
Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
@smarkusg

The author most likely does not have AmigaOS4.1 system, he just lucky getting it working so well,
in any case I try to recommended to everyone in forums using shared amiga libraries, this is what he is using.

I do not know if its because I or some was a pain in the ass. But it’s possible.
(Pretty sure it’s not open source, we can’t look at it, or compile a native version.)

Actually, someone figured it was good idea a long time a ago, before AmigaOS4.1, I see used on Music disks etc, but not so common in the old days, not sure when they started putting player routines in Amiga libraries. Most crap has statically compiled in player routines.

Not sure about instability, noticed it crashes on some music modules, its probably not the gui itself, that’s buggy, most likely its libraries / player routines that has bugs. The OS4.1 preplay.libaray did not have support for vumeter, its worth having good look at stack trace and what module crashed, before reporting bugs.

There are cases where bug is found in old code because the old code did not use semaphore / mutex protection, the bugs go undetected on 68K systems simply because there no memory protection, and if the bug is not triggered often, it can go undetected. If bug happen in forbid state, grim reaper is triggered, and it locks up intuition. But you will find crash log on the RS232 port, in the DumpDebugBuffer of the OS4.1 kernel.

Edited by LiveForIt on 2024/1/27 9:35:45
Edited by LiveForIt on 2024/1/27 9:37:43
(NutsAboutAmiga)

Basilisk II for AmigaOS4
AmigaInputAnywhere
Excalibur
Go to top
Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

See User information
@LiveForIt

Thank you for the detailed explanation.

Some applications from AOS 3.x do work. My favourite is UHC-GUI, which is currently probably my most used application under AOS4

Resized Image

I hope that IMP3 will work just fine on AOS4.

Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
@smarkusg

Looks like one of GUI elements perhaps overwrites the lower border in that program as well.

The calculation of inner Height should be:
InnerHeight = Window->Height – Window->BorderTop – Window->BorderBottom;

http://amigadev.elowar.com/read/ADCD_ ... cs_3._guide/node03D5.html

When opening window, you have WA_InnerWidth, WA_InnerHeight, that preferable to WA_Width and WA_Height.

Scaling should be automatic in Reaction and MUI, but in older GadTools the developer is responsible for scaling and placement of Gadgets.

(I believe MPlayer calculates border size before opening window, using screen title.)

Edited by LiveForIt on 2024/1/29 9:56:40
(NutsAboutAmiga)

Basilisk II for AmigaOS4
AmigaInputAnywhere
Excalibur
Go to top
Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

See User information
@LiveForIt

Yes you are right. I checked on the older version that I have on the AmigaOne.
Here you can see that the interface breaks down terribly.

Resized Image

I am grateful to you for the information you have given me and for the great knowledge you are able to share with others

Go to top
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
@LiveForIt

Yes, you're right, it looks a bit messy in my video, but only because I didn't know how imp3 worked and that the origin was under AmigaOs3.x.

As you mentioned, there are some mods that cause DSI (GrimReaper), but that's rare and can be ignored. What I also didn't know is that imp3 remembers the window positions when you use it and you can create a great chat tool including streaming support with a very large database which is then saved permanently.

IMP3 with its only 47kb size is a powerful tool with many functions, of course we are lucky that it works under AmigaOs4.1, even if not perfectly. Through imp3 I met new people and could chat with them live

Too bad there is no AmigaOs4.1 native version. Nevertheless, I am glad that I can use it, even if it is associated with some restrictions.

Resized Image

This is just one example of how it could be configured. As already mentioned, once configured, imp3 remembers the window positions and the next time you restart, you have exactly the same configuration available.

MacStudio ARM M1 Max Qemu//Pegasos2 AmigaOs4.1 FE
Go to top

Register To Post
« 1 (2)