Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!

Sections

Who's Online
159 user(s) are online (118 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 0
Guests: 159

more...

Headlines

Register To Post  

Pciutils - lspci and setpci
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
Just noticed on os4depot we have pciutils (lspci and setpci) to read and write pci bus, just line on linux systems. I wonder if setpci will allow use of latest gfx cards on Pegasos 2 and others first gen AmigaNG.

Go to top
Re: Pciutils - lspci and setpci
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

See User information
@flash
You probably can do the same with them as with the firmware, as described for example on https://www.amigaportal.cz/node/158086 , to use PCIe gfx cards with a PCI->PCIe bridge, but using setpci on AmigaOS instead of using the U-Boot/SmartFirmware PCI commands to change/fix some settings has no advantage, instead you'd have the same problem as on a Sam4x0/X1000/X5000 with a RX card and U-Boot: Only AmigaOS itself works after it was booted, but if booting AmigaOS doesn't work for some reason you can't access the firmware to fix it without using a serial terminal, or replacing the gfx card with an older one supported by U-Boot/SmartFirmware.

Go to top
Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

See User information
@joerg
X5000 with Radeon RX card supports U-Boot, you can access everything just as with a Radeon HD card.

1989-> A500, A600, A3000, A4000, A1200, CD32, µA1, PegII, A1XE, CDTV, Amy/416D79, A1X5000, Vampire 500 V2+, Vampire 600 V2, Amy-ITX, Denise ITX <-2024
Go to top
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
There have already been attempts to use newer graphics cards with Pegasos2 hardware via PCI bridge, some people had already tried that, I'm not sure anymore but I think there was a problem with 64 bit bars and the current AmigaOs4.1 kernel that doesn't support it.

In the release note text of BBoot 0.5 (alternative bootloader from Balaton Zoltan I found this:

"BBoot can also configure PCI devices that is normally done by the
firmware. Linux and MorphOS don't need this as they scan and configure
PCI devices themselves during boot but AmigaOS relies on the firmware
to do this so BBoot implements this too. While configuring PCI, BBoot
prints debug messages that can be useful to check how these devices
are configured, which can help in debugging PCI pass through or even
when using newer graphics cards on a real PegasosII as BBoot can also
patch 64 bit BARs that the Pegasos2 version of AmigaOS kernel cannot
handle."

No one has tested it further yet and I'm not sure if it's at all helpful for using newer GFX cards.

Otherwise, lspci also works on the Pegasos2 machine. I know this command from Linux and can now also use it under AmigaOs4.1, all devices are displayed correctly.

https://i.ibb.co/jyCz3Zh/Bildschirmfoto-2024-01-23-um-18-35-16.png

Edited by Maijestro on 2024/1/24 16:49:12
MacStudio ARM M1 Max Qemu//Pegasos2 AmigaOs4.1 FE
Go to top

Register To Post