Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!

Sections

Who's Online
103 user(s) are online (61 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 0
Guests: 103

more...

Headlines

Register To Post  

« 1 (2)
Re: SFS Problems
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
So i ordered brand new WD drives (two of them) started with sfs2 same thing again. Is it me or whats the problem? For me its time to check the other filesystems out, i cant change fs every few days.

Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
@devils_advisor

Have you thought about SFScheck maybe interpreting your SSD partitions wrong?

Did you actually use the partitions/HDDs or shy away and remove them as soon as SFScheck tells you they are damaged?

Would be interesting to see what the program tells you on a non-SSD partition/HDD.
(If the same error shows up, i'd blame SFScheck rather than the hardware)

I don't seem to have that SFScheck program installed, so can't check myself, but why don't you create a small SSD partition and shovel data around to see if there are any actual errors?

I mean, SFS was, as we know now, not intended for SSD drives, 'cause it doesn't support their new technology, but it can still provide a working FS.

And if the error also pops up with a brand new HDD, it sounds suspicely like a bug in the program...

Good luck

People are dying.
Entire ecosystems are collapsing.
We are in the beginning of a mass extinction.
And all you can talk about is money and fairytales of eternal economic growth.
How dare you!
– Greta Thunberg
Go to top
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
@devils_advisor

What version of SFS? OS4 or Enhancer one? It was updated with Enhancer.

And have you tried using Partition Wizard? The SFSCheck program is a bit old and crusty. It may not understand an newer SFS.

I've got a new problem in the last week. Saving a single file or installing 1TB of files stalls on a file. CPU goes 100%, it silently crashes and system stops responding.

Go to top

Register To Post
« 1 (2)