Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!

Sections

Who's Online
121 user(s) are online (62 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 0
Guests: 121

more...

Headlines

Register To Post  

(1) 2 »
Update to Win11 and new WinUAE: Exodus The Last War not longer starting?
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
Hi everybody,

also asking here:

After running on Win10 for several years and also using AOS3.9 + 4.1 on WinUAE too with lots of great games which all worked fine I recently updated to Win11 and also installed the latest WinUAE binary.

When trying to start Exodus The Last War yesterday again it did not work. Error: !Please insert disk Exodus:The last war.
CD is already inserted and can also be accessed from within AOS (I even reinstalled the game from it). But the CD always mounts itself as EXODUS_THELASTWAR (IIRC this has always been the case).
I tried to set an assign but it did not work (I guess due to the colon after the word Exodus).

Any idea on how I can get it running again?

Or should I move this one better to the gaming board?

Thank you in advance!

Go to top
Re: Update to Win11 and new WinUAE: Exodus The Last War not longer starting?
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
@Reth

It seems that the latest version of "WinUAE WinUAE 4.10.1", has some problem for CD handling.

Done some tests "WinUAE 4.9.1" and Exodus recognize the CD and it works fine.

"WinUAE WinUAE 4.10.1" has received many changes, will report this problem to Toni Wilen

Go to top
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
@AMIGASYSTEM

Thank you a lot! Than I will revert to previous version. Tested it too and CD even works with WinUAE 10.0.0.

Also just recognised that GFX of Exodus is also scrambled regardless which WinUAE version I try (downgraded even to 4.4.0).
Within Win10 it worked really well - so it seems Win11 might be the issue here. Opened a threat in the WinUAE support forum.

Edited by Reth on 2023/2/10 17:17:56
Edited by Reth on 2023/2/10 17:19:27
Go to top
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
Ok Toni fixed the problem, in the next release of WinUAE the CD will work fine again.

https://eab.abime.net/showthread.php?t=113593

Go to top
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
Cool! Thank you. Unfortunately Exodus suffers also from GFX issues in WinUAE since Win11. Opened another thread for that (see here: http://eab.abime.net/showthread.php?t=113594). Hope, this can be fixed too over time...

Go to top
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
Why do you use "PicassoIV", it has only 4MB RAM, graphics only 24Bit, less compatible with some Applications and Games (Wrong Colors)

I recommend to Use UAE-GFX Video Card (UAE Zorro III), with this card you have 512MB RAM, 32Bit Graphics, no problem in colors com Games and Applixations, I use this card for years on all my OS3 systems:

This is my old OS3.9 BB4 AfA One:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lXyV1PvkNvo

Go to top
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
@AMIGASYSTEM
Thanks fot the hint. I can try to do so again. Did not get it running back then and I use PicassoIV for my AOS4.1 configurations. Just took the settings over from there.

So when using it in NAPALM the cursor always blinks and is not visible inside in-game menus at all. It also flickers when slowly moved over WB window (1920x1080 8Bit). Anything I can do against that? - Which settings do you use for it exactly?

Go to top
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
As soon as or time I install "NAPALM" and check !

I haven't played for years, I am old enough to play now I am 69 years old !

Go to top
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
I did an on-the-fly installation of NAPALM, I attach small video showing the Mouse arrow, and at the end of the movie the important paati to configure on WinUAE.

NAPALM on my AfA One is very fast, to play you should use a less powerful configuration.

NAPALM Video Test (Download the video only 25 MB)

https://drive.google.com/file/d/16SAz1 ... ofBN0/view?usp=share_link

Go to top
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
@AMIGASYSTEM

Thank you. How did you get all the different UAE GFX card resolutions into the screenmode selector? I only have PicassoIV for UAEGFX. No CyberGFX. Do I have to install the CyberGFX on my AOS3.9 setup in parallel to get both GFX modi for selection?

Go to top
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
@Reth

No, it is not a Video Card, but you have to install the RTGMaster libraries, once installed in the Request you will find what you saw in the video:

https://aminet.net/package/driver/video/rtgmaster_user

https://aminet.net/package/driver/video/rtgPIP

Go to top
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
Installing those did not add any new screenmodes. I still get only the UAE modes shown only for PicassoIV. Will try to make a screenshot later on.

Did you install CGX drivers in parallel too?

Go to top
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
@Reth

No No CGX drivers !

Verify that you have copied all RTGMaster libraries into LIBS:
If they are not in LIBS, copy them manually

The on Screenmodes Resolutions Video are all UAE, Request you have to look to the right of the Panel, is about my video

Go to top
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
@AMIGASYSTEM

I know. Saw it on your video and wondered how you managed to get PIP, P96 and CGX UAE screenmodes in all at once.

I only have Picasso96. This is how it looks for me: https://amiga.freecluster.eu/Anderes/Screenmodes.png (the image tag of the forum editor does not work for the image URL - dont know why ...)

And yes: I installed all the libs I(run the installer script) + copied the PiP lib also into LIBS:
Maybe it is due to since I installed the Picasso96 drivers already beforehand? Or did you set sth. special in your WinUAE config? Or a special monitor file in your DEVS:Monitors? I have the uaegfx one in which provides these entries I guess. It has as on of its attributes "SettingsFile=SYS:Devs/Picasso96Settings". Maybe you have sth. else?

Go to top
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
@Reth

No, for UAE-GFX there is no need to add anything in the Icon Tooltypes, probably the RTGMaster installation script did not copy the required libraries.

Look at my attached screenshot and verify that in LIBS:RTG there are the required libraries.

If you still don't have the resolutions, send me your HardFile (Google Drive link in PM) so I can see what is missing in your system.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1n7JAM ... Tws2y/view?usp=share_link

Go to top
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
Thank you for your screenshot! Recognised that the installer did not install the rtgCGX and rtgEGS library. Had to copy them manually. Now the pointer shows up normally in NAPALM again.

But the mouse pointer on WB still flickers while moving...

Go to top
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
@Reth

As you could see from the video attached above, my mouse works well tested even on OS 3.1 RTG and OS 3.9 BB4.

In order to understand I would have to test your WinUAE Config and HARDFile, otherwise it is very difficult to understand the cause.

Go to top
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
@AMIGASYSTEM

Here is my config (replaced the absolute paths by ...). I am not using hardfiles for that one but "normal" directories within which I installed the system.

Also: Is your graphics of Exodus The Last War also scrambled since Win11?

WinUAE Config

Edited by Reth on 2023/2/12 19:11:46
Go to top
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
@Reth

Your configuration is fine, but I recommend that you use a "Windowed 1024x768 ? as shown in my video" screen mode.

With Full-Window the graphics are not optimal, plus you can't drag files from From Windows onto the Workbench

If you compress the folder of your operating system and send it in PM, I can verrificate any problem !

Edited by AMIGASYSTEM on 2023/2/13 12:17:57
Go to top
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
Ok, cleaned all the tooltypes out of my uaegfx.info file inside DEVS:Monitors. Now the flickering of the mouse pointer is gone.

Also managed to get Exodus working. I had to reinstall the GFX Patch and patch all GFX files again!

Edited by Reth on 2023/2/20 22:28:43
Edited by Reth on 2023/2/20 22:37:05
Go to top

Register To Post
(1) 2 »