Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!

Sections

Who's Online
80 user(s) are online (42 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 0
Guests: 80

more...

Headlines

Register To Post  

« 1 (2)
Re: Download Speed from Internet
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
@arfcarl

I've increased the send and receive window in steps from the standard 32k/64k to 128k/128k. No difference in download speed. Some increase in upload speed. But I did notice a peak cpu load of 90%. So maybe our ethernet stack can use a little DMA.

Go to top
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

See User information
@geennaam
AFAIK neither Roadshow nor any of the AmigaOS 4.x SANA drivers support https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jumbo_frame , therefore you can't get the max. speed of your ethernet controller card or ISP.
But even if using Linux can't get the max. speed on the X5k there may be another problem as well.

Go to top
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
Since I can't get any decent speed from my wired connection, I've decided to go wireless instead.

Cable has been replaced by an Asus RT-AX55 in "media bridge" mode. This transforms the router in a four port wireless NIC.

And now I have wireless connection from the X5k ethernet port to my router with the same speed and latency as before with the wired connection

Go to top
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
I don't know if it is a bug, but when I used PCI 3-Com LAN card on my μAmigaOne, with 10 MBits everything was okay. But after I switched to 30 MBits and if my speed went too fast, something happened and the Internet speed went down to around 2-3 MBits/second. The slow speed remained until either I restart the Network interface with netshutdown and then reconnect with addnetinterface or until I reboot. May be some buffer overflow was happening, that needed to be flushed for high speed again.

Go to top

Register To Post
« 1 (2)