Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!

Sections

Who's Online
106 user(s) are online (57 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 0
Guests: 106

more...

Headlines

Register To Post  

Peoples opinions on Emulation verse the real deal???
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
This is a hardcore question of whats better emulation or the real deal...

Does a game like Wings or Zack McCracken run smoother or look better under emulation or is it just a cheap knock off of Amiga hardware?

Really want to know if emulation is all that and a bag of chips or just better than nothing... verse not having an Amiga to play these games etc.........

posted to another board as well but its a great question for Amiga users?

Joe ...

Edited by IOWASURFER on 2007/9/6 19:54:39
Friends do not let friends use IBM's...
Go to top
Re: Peoples opinions on Emulation verse the real deal???
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
@IOWASURFER

How good emulation is depends upon the hardware the emulator is running on. My PC has an 64 bit AMD processor and will run an Amiga emulator much faster than a Intel P2.

Go to top
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
@JeffShepherd

I guess I really would like a opinion on if Buying and keeping Amiga Hardware is actually unnecessary anymore or should we all just turn to EMULATORS for our favorite games and utils..

I personally would rather run my Amiga at 14mhz then watch the blue screen of death all day long............
Joe..

Go to top
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
@IOWASURFER

That would depend on whether new hardware becomes available wouldnt it?

Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
@IOWASURFER

Quote:

IOWASURFER wrote:
@JeffShepherd

I guess I really would like a opinion on if Buying and keeping Amiga Hardware is actually unnecessary anymore or should we all just turn to EMULATORS for our favorite games and utils..

I personally would rather run my Amiga at 14mhz then watch the blue screen of death all day long............
Joe..

bluescreen is mostly a thing from win95/98/Me now days windows xp just reboots, how ever booting up windows, just so you can use amiga is nothing for me, after boot i like start working, and i like to work whit amiga not windows, so if any thing should emulated then it shuld be windows, not amiga.

i don't use amiga to play games, and if i did, then i probely play games on xbox or ps3, way spend more time booting windows to play a amiga game then booting up a real a amiga start playing at once.

(NutsAboutAmiga)

Basilisk II for AmigaOS4
AmigaInputAnywhere
Excalibur
and other tools and apps.
Go to top
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
@LiveForIt

Now thats a good answer indeed!
lol...

I like that last statement the best

[ "way spend more time booting windows to play a amiga game then booting up a real a amiga start playing at once." ]

Go to top
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
@IOWASURFER

Quote:

IOWASURFER wrote:
Does a game like Wings or Zack McCracken run smoother or look better under emulation or is it just a cheap knock off of Amiga hardware?

Recently I gave one of my A1200/'030 config to my daughter with some whdload games.
That was a long time when I last touched it, but since the config is assembled again I found that it is catching me more and more frequently. Playing Wings, Cannon Fodder and Shufflepack Cafe makes the feeling that no emulation can reach the real thing.

Do you thought that how the world could look like today if whdload present in 1990? I think it would be a bit different. :)

Go to top
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
@IOWASURFER

I don't have a "real" Amiga any more but when I did it was a 3000/060-ppc 6053/144 megs ram/etc.Now I use AmiKit
and compared with some old test i did using amigod on the 3000,it is faster.But then the 605e never did work all that well :( So in short,sell that Amiga while it's still working and get a decent spec pc and run XP/AmiKit/Mandriva on it

Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
@alanwall

Quote:
sell that Amiga while it's still working

Way sell it? Way not enjoy it while it?s still working

PC?s are for Windows or Linux.

Amiga1200/Xbox/PS3 is for games, a pc does not replace the real thing, it?s just a substitute for not having new better hardware.

(NutsAboutAmiga)

Basilisk II for AmigaOS4
AmigaInputAnywhere
Excalibur
and other tools and apps.
Go to top
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
@LiveForIt

I have a bunch of Amiga 500's
and a 2000 hd and I am looking hard for a killer 1200 system
I guess its more about what feels right to someone..

I personally feel like I am cheating Amiga by emulating it.. Like lifting/stealing software one can do it but do you feel
completely ok with the idea of it?

I know thats apples and oranges in comparison but still
Amiga is Amiga not IBM PC EMULATED AMIGA.. like riding a HONDA and calling yourself a HARLEY LOVER/BIKER...
Just not the same thing...

Joe...

Go to top

Register To Post