Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!

Sections

Who's Online
141 user(s) are online (74 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 0
Guests: 141

more...

Headlines

Register To Post  

Porting Question wrt. Conflicting TypeDefs
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
Has anyone come across this before, where a large program written for a different platform has done something like:

typedef int32_t int32

And, you have needed to indirectly include "exec/types.h" to implement some functionality in a source file. And, boom, now you have "int32" typedef with a conflict.
It is pretty nastly, and the only way I can think of at the moment is to hack the exec/types.h file to my own "ifndef DEFINED_int32" before the typedef inside exec/types.h. Hacking it the other way other way does not work, because the code base is relying on it.

I do not particularly like it

If liberty means anything at all, it means the right to tell people what they do not want to hear.
George Orwell.
Go to top
Re: Porting Question wrt. Conflicting TypeDefs
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
@rjd324

Cant you do
ifdef __amigaos4__

include "exec/types.h"
else

typedef int32_t int32
endif

?

People are dying.
Entire ecosystems are collapsing.
We are in the beginning of a mass extinction.
And all you can talk about is money and fairytales of eternal economic growth.
How dare you!
– Greta Thunberg
Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
@rjd324

I have used two approaches in the past to deal with such issues.

1. A Raziel suggested use conditionals arround the type definitions to avoid redefining the types. That should work as long as int32 is a signed 32 intetger in both systems. (Most likely it is).

2. Isolate the amiga specific code in sperate compilation units (src files)

In a number of ports I've done, most notably perl and blender, some of the amigaos specific code is seperated out completely to avoid these kind of type clashes.

Editing systems headers should be an absolute last resort, if you must, make local copy so that the SDK version remains unaltered

Go to top
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
Hi, yes. Separating the functionality into a separate and clean and new translation unit is the first thing I tried. But this project brings uses opengl, and opengl from minigl indirectly includes these type files. In that case it is not possible.

Of course, afterwards, I tried to do as suggested and make the code base modifications versus the sdk modifications, but they use c++ explicit keywords which causes further issues. I could remove all the explicits.

In any case, got there in the end.

Thanks.

If liberty means anything at all, it means the right to tell people what they do not want to hear.
George Orwell.
Go to top

Register To Post