Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!

Sections

Who's Online
237 user(s) are online (145 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 0
Guests: 237

more...

Headlines

Register To Post  

Cannot create/delete drawer on SYS partition
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
Hi.

I am struggling with a problem on my X5000.

I tried to install the latest AmiSSL 5.3 version. As I checked the installation I found out, that it was not installed. Hm, so I tried to install it manually. And here I found out what the problem is:

I could copy the new amisslmaster.library to libs but failed to copy the AmiSSL drwaer to Libs. An "ASyncWB" window appeared saying:
Error while copying. Error 1060.
I could delete the old AmiSSL folder in Libs, but could not create a new one. Same error....

Nothing changed after I disabled ASyncWB.

On Amiga-News an user recommended to use NGFCheck. So I copied it to RAM and start it. Here - among others - I must read:

"File 'Hollywood.info' seg 13062594/2 not allocated alloc checks failed" , "File 'Hollywood.info' alloc checks failed"

I have this for several files. So I started "NGFCheck RDDH0: REPAIR". I guess five or six times....but at the end, I get the same summary:

.....37 Fixed data....Volume 'RDDH0: has errors.

I even started my X5000 using my emergency USB stick...but this does not help. Any idea what else to do?

Do I really have to format my sys partition....?
I also cannot delete the Hollywood drawer which obviously also is corrupt...

Thanks!

Go to top
Re: Cannot create/delete drawer on SYS partition
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
@Primax

Well yes most likely need to format your partition, what I normally do, if something like this happens, or if I decide to change filesystem.

I create new partition, make sure new partition is bootable, disable bootable on the old partition, then save.

Then I do NOT reboot, instead I start mounter tool from System folder, make sure new partition is mounted. And then copy all files over. After that’s done, you should be able to safely boot from the new partition, so you can try rebooting.

it is possible you need a new hard-drive, if the errors come back, after formatting, and filling partition with files.

(NutsAboutAmiga)

Basilisk II for AmigaOS4
AmigaInputAnywhere
Excalibur
and other tools and apps.
Go to top
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
Thank you !
Although I hoped there were another solution...
Is there anything which is against this procedure:
Booting from my emergency usb stick, then copying all the drawer and files from the system partition to a drawer of my second partition, then formatting sys and then copying the files back...?

What do I have to pay attention to when formatting? Never done this under OS4 before....Thanks!

AmigaOne X5000 @ 2GHz / 4GB RAM / Radeon RX 550 / AmigaOS 4.1 Final Edition / MorphOS 3.17
Amiga1200 / Blizzard 1230 IV PiStorm32-lite / AmigaOS 3.9
Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
@Primax

Always format using Quick Format, never lowlevel format SSD disk, it will damage the disk over time.

Don’t mess with boot priority, if you mess with it you might have problem booting from a CD, so keep it at its default setting.

Always make sure to select filesystem you can actually boot from. (For example, FAT/NTFS is not supported for booting),
FastFileSystem (any version) is slow, don’t use it. SFS2 is good, but I’m not sure it’s available. JXFS and NGFS is a bit newer, not sure if trust this filesystem as much as I do with SFS2. (Maybe I was just unlucky early on with JXFS/NGFS.)

Never try to resize partitions, its not supported in AmigaOS, all you get is corrupted files, and a mess, if you need to resize, take backup of the files.

(NutsAboutAmiga)

Basilisk II for AmigaOS4
AmigaInputAnywhere
Excalibur
and other tools and apps.
Go to top

Register To Post