Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!

Sections

Who's Online
116 user(s) are online (59 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 0
Guests: 116

more...

Headlines

Register To Post  

Support for "APICALL (__attribute__(libcall))" VS Code
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
Hi everyone,

Im using VS code to cross compile for amigaOS 4, like George Sokianos described it in this Video on Youtube: docker based AmigaOS cross-platform development environment

This really works nice, except for that VS Code comes up with "too few arguments.." on each call to a Amiga Library function.

I wanted to go after it and found this posted issue: Intellisense support for gcc __attribute__((libcall)) not found

It seems that if enough interest is presented, one of the folks might add support for APICALL.

So anyone having interest in this feature of VS Code should maybe express it on Github.

Go to top
Re: Support for "APICALL (__attribute__(libcall))" VS Code
Site Builder
Site Builder

See User information
@MigthyMax
Thank you for using my solution with docker and I am really glad it works for you. I am already preparing newer versions for that setup, that have the latest SDK files.

Now, about the topic, that would be great to have and I will support any movement on having that implemented. Thank you for bringing this up.

Follow me on
Ko-fi, Twitter, YouTube, Twitch
Go to top
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
@MigthyMax
Are you aware of the 68k amiga code & debug plugin, it uses a very new gcc (11.2 IIRC) and gdb (12.0 IIRC) and he might have a solution, contact Bartman and/or Abyss to find out how to fix that 'bug', at least i havent experienced it in any 68k code i have dabbled with.

Go to top
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
@trgswe

I would probably be aware, if i would targeting 68k. But the __libcall__ attribute was introduced with Amiga OS4, os i thin only PPC targets are of concern of this.

@walkero

Thas nice to hear. Because i just picked one of our docker image from github, to build my envirnoment on. I don't know if it was the best choice, but i made Pull Request to include the latest SDK.

@all

I really recommend anyone having a github account and using Visual Studio Code or thinking of to use it in the future for cross compiling for AOS4 ti vote on the issue.

Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
@all

There's a bug ticket for this issue on GitHub, but it got "closed due to insufficient upvotes."

The ticket can be reopened if enough people upvote it (by clicking the face icon on the original post, and clicking the thumbs up). So, I recommend everyone who wants this fixed to go there and upvote it (link).

Hans

http://hdrlab.org.nz/ - Amiga OS 4 projects, programming articles and more.
https://keasigmadelta.com/ - more of my work
Go to top

Register To Post