Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!

Sections

Who's Online
135 user(s) are online (74 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 1
Guests: 134

rjd324, more...

Headlines

Register To Post  

Weather Station
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
Hi everyone,

I'm interested in purchasing a small weather station to install outside the house. I'd like to use an AmigaOS 4 setup to hook up such a device to. Thought this would be a fun thing to do.

On OS4Depot there is a program called MeteoStation NM (http://os4depot.net/?function=showfil ... ity/misc/meteostation.lha) supporting EasyWeather software, as well as WWSR (http://os4depot.net/?function=showfil ... ility/scientific/wwsr.lha).

Does anyone here have any experience with the two programs and compatible hardware (weather stations)?

Thanks in advance for help.

Go to top
Re: Weather Station
Amigans Defender
Amigans Defender

See User information
@AmigaOldskooler

Yes, they both worked at the point I uploaded them

However, my weatherstation was generally connected to a Raspberry Pi running PyWWS, and hasn't actually been connected up since I moved.

Go to top
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
@Chris

Cool! Thanks for the info concerning these. I have done a bit of searching for an USB weather station, but unsure which one to choose concerning compatibility. Do you have any recommendations for a suitable weather station? Thanks in advance.

Go to top
Amigans Defender
Amigans Defender

See User information
No, mine came from Maplins!
PyWWS definitely works with the WH1080, which is still available (unless they've updated it and kept the name). Anything which looks similar is *probably* going to work too.

Find something you like and ask in the PyWWS group, maybe? If it works with that it should work with the tools I uploaded. It may even be possible to run PyWWS (the old ones) on our port of Python - I've never tried.

Go to top
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
@Chris

Many thanks for the help! I will have a look around. Cheers!

Go to top

Register To Post