Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!

Sections

Who's Online
119 user(s) are online (69 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 1
Guests: 118

skynet, more...

Headlines

Register To Post  

AHI Prefs volume setting
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

See User information
Does anyone know why volume setting in AHI prefs doesn't do anything in some configurations, like EMU10K or Audigy FX? Testing on X5000 but I guess it shouldn't matter.

On WinUAE side, volume setting works with Paula.

I'm aware of Mixer and HD Mixer tools, and volume adjustment by using them works. But why some sound cards are not "correctly" configured after boot?

Go to top
Re: AHI Prefs volume setting
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
@Capehill

This is a wild guess but... with regard to emu10k and audigy fx they might not set the volume the same way (especially audigy fx) don't know if ahi have the concept of per program volume setting, if it does it might be disabled for sound cards (especially with multiple channels 10+) especially with regard to the prefs program.

Edit:
Nope, for me it works as it should I've got a Audigy FX too.
the only thing I can think of then is that you check what versions you have for ahi and the ahi sound drivers....

Edited by trgswe on 2021/9/29 22:03:26
Go to top
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

See User information
@trgswe

Here is the version info:

ahi.device 6.6 b687e8a677ea7b5ba521315da7fc13c0
audio.device 53.3 22682375ffade64ba151b265ac2e80ee

device.audio 6.2 00933d7baece54bcccbf04616ce9f8e2
emu10kx.audio 6.7 4c8ce4e04062c3d473d7cf006fc863c8
hda.audio 6.8 9c9df7e34f38a4e40f26814c7ad80b90

AHI preferences 6.5 d84ad1dfecaebca10ceb3334b60ec839

Go to top
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
@Capehill

nope I've got the same versions...
is there any other problems with regard to the soundcards,
how are they connected soundwise, to a amplifier or headphones only or active speakers etc. the only thing that is worth checking out IMHO. is the sound truly not coming through to (for arguments sake) your speakers, try with headphones they should be the most direct and easiest way to test.

Go to top
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
@trgswe

Hmmm something similar suddenly happened when I was playing around with eUAE, no sound from the card in any program. To solve it I had to completely reboot the system (turn off computer, and the amplifier) and thne doing hard resets a couple of times... then the sound came back.
Don't know if you are/have been using a program which might interfere with AHI or PCIe bus.

Go to top
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

See User information
@trgswe

I have only tested with Sennheiser headphones. AFAIK I don't have any audio SW running on background or during startup. I have also disabled the boot jingle too because it's ear-breaking loud, due to "default" volume setting.

Have to test with another partition maybe.

Go to top

Register To Post