Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!

Sections

Who's Online
98 user(s) are online (60 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 0
Guests: 98

more...

Headlines

Register To Post  

« 1 ... 3 4 5 (6)
Re: Updater locking up
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
@Raziel

I did not want to reinstall everything from the Enhancer Software package just to check to see if Updater was working. So I cherry-picked and installed AmiSphere, Updater, MultiEdit, Multiviewer and whatever gadgets and libraries I thought might be needed. I could not find a list of required stuff, so I guessed as best as I could and discovered a few more items as I progressed. I also downloaded the test version of listviewer.gadget using a link given to me by kas1e. Hopefully it was for the most recent test version of listviewer.gadget.

I purchased Enhancer Software v1.5 before the Enhancer Core was announced. I do not have the Enhancer Core package.

—-
redfox

Go to top
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
@broadblues

I installed the Hotfix on Jan 12 and have rebooted and powered off and on many times (I power off my machine at night).

I did not install the Enhancer NotificationsServer but I do get some notifications from the old RinghioServer.

Just now, I downloaded AmiDVD

Last message is "Downloading updates data ...please wait"

Updater.log shows that The download was successful and it copied AmiDVD successfully.

Ranger shows a port called UPDATER.1 .... this port disappears after I click the close window (quit) gadget on the Updater window..

Cannot relaunch Updater but other programs launch ok, including web browsers.

I will install the Enhancer NotificationServer to see if that helps.

Edit to correct spelling mistakes

Edited by redfox on 2021/1/22 20:43:48
Go to top
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
Deleted duplicate post

Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
@redfox

Quote:

I did not install the Enhancer NotificationsServer but I do get some notifications from the old RinghioServer.

So you have RinghioServer in your WBStartup? The original one that came with the OS? (or very early aeon version?).

Try disabling that and see if you still get the lockups.

Quote:

Ranger shows a port called UPDATER.1 .... this port disappears after I click the close window (quit) gadget on the Updater window..

Cannot relaunch Updater but other programs launch ok, including web browsers.

Yes updater main process closes down but waits before final exit for it's child process (possibly while unregistering the app), the child process is hung.

The program needs some rework whatever your findings are but they will hwlp me work out if there are other issues than the ones I have identified.

Go to top
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
@broadblues

Updater working fine now

Thank you so much for all your help. I really appreciate it.

As per your suggestion, I disabled RinghioServer in WBStartup and now Updater is working correctly.

When the problem was occuring ...

SYS:System/RinghioServer was enabled in WBStartup.

Ringhio 53.27 (31/03/2014) from the AmigaOS 4.1 Final Edition CD.

After disabling RinghioServer in WBStartup, Updater is working just fine and does not lock-up.

Thanks,
redfox

P.S. I disabled RinghioServer for awhile after I installed the original OS4.1 Final Edition Update 2. I was able to update some Enhancer stuff. Then I encountered some issues related to the OS4 kernal and started all over again with another clean install. I did not disable RinghioServer after that install because the Notification messages seemed to be working. But Updater was acting up and I had no clue that it was related to RinghioServer.

Again, thanks so much for your help Andy.

Go to top
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
@broadblues

I installed Enhancer NotificationServer and Updater is working fine.

Thanks again for all your help.

---
redfox

Go to top
Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

See User information
@amigakit

Not one person chimed in here or anywhere else to agree with you. Your 'many other people' are like Trump's 'many fine people' . They don't exist.

Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
@redfox

Glad it's functioning for you now, but the core issue is still there (not to mention a few other gotchas that are bit more random).

I've got a good amount of data out of this conversation to start fixing it though...

Go to top

Register To Post
« 1 ... 3 4 5 (6)