Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!

Sections

Who's Online
149 user(s) are online (106 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 1
Guests: 148

nbache, more...

Headlines

Register To Post  

Another CPUTemp.docky question.
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
Something I would like to be able to do, but the current CPUTemp.docky doesn't seem to have an optioin for, is to be able to adjust the update rate for the CPU usage graph scrolling. I've always preferred my usage graphs to run slower, say one update every 1 second or so.

So, anyone else think this would be a "nice to have" option?

Go to top
Re: Another CPUTemp.docky question.
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
***BUMP***

Anyone else think this would be nice to have? I would have thought someone would have answered by now.

Go to top
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

See User information
Hi @dwolfman

Not really! I just want to see the critical thing -- temp.
I have a temperature guage, but the cputemp icon is
much easier to check. The Warning Limit option works nice!

Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
@Snuffy

...and you can even put the temp in your titlebar, very tidy

People are dying.
Entire ecosystems are collapsing.
We are in the beginning of a mass extinction.
And all you can talk about is money and fairytales of eternal economic growth.
How dare you!
– Greta Thunberg
Go to top
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

See User information
@dwolfman

Quote:
Something I would like to be able to do, but the current CPUTemp.docky doesn't seem to have an optioin for, is to be able to adjust the update rate for the CPU usage graph scrolling. I've always preferred my usage graphs to run slower, say one update every 1 second or so.
The next version of CPUTemp.docky, probably available tomorrow, will have an option to configure the update rate (1/4, 1/2, 1 or 2 seconds).

Go to top
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
@joerg

Quote:

joerg wrote:
@dwolfman

Quote:
The next version of CPUTemp.docky, probably available tomorrow, will have an option to configure the update rate (1/4, 1/2, 1 or 2 seconds).

Cool! I'll be looking forward to it.

Go to top
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

See User information
@dwolfman

Quote:
Cool! I'll be looking forward to it.
I've just uploaded the new version.

Go to top
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
@joerg

Quote:

joerg wrote:
I've just uploaded the new version.

Downloaded last night, along with new SFS, installed and rebooted. Working great, with a 2 second update rate!

Something I'm noticing about it now, and this might be a side effect of how you are calculating the CPU usage percentages, is the amount showing when only the background task (dnetc) is running. Seems the "non-background" amount keeps fluctuating between 1 and 3 percent, the same as it did with the faster update rate. I thought that maybe the docky was using that much CPU to do it's updating and that giving it a longer update time would reduce the amount used, but it looks about the same with a 2 second update rate versus it's original default.

Too bad we don't really have a program to compare this with. That's something I miss in Scout, is the live CPU usage display in the Tasks/processes window.

Or is there another program out there that can show that live usage like Scout did under OS3.x?

Anyway, I like this much better than before. CPUTemp.docky isn't as distracting now since it runs with a much slower pace on the display.

Go to top

Register To Post