Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!

Sections

Who's Online
110 user(s) are online (64 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 0
Guests: 110

more...

Headlines

Register To Post  

Are the website/forum search working?
Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

See User information
Are the website/forum search working?

Try it yourself, search for anything, I just get random threads when searching.

1989-> A500, A600, A3000, A4000, A1200, CD32, µA1, PegII, A1XE, CDTV, Amy/416D79, A1X5000, Vampire 500 V2+, Vampire 600 V2, Amy-ITX, Denise ITX <-2024
Go to top
Re: Are the website/forum search working?
Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

See User information
My search for "Catweasel" generates -

"SuperTuxxCart

SuperTuXCart

Amigaguide

GL4ES

They said there would be code"

I know there is a Catweasel thread on this site/forum!

1989-> A500, A600, A3000, A4000, A1200, CD32, µA1, PegII, A1XE, CDTV, Amy/416D79, A1X5000, Vampire 500 V2+, Vampire 600 V2, Amy-ITX, Denise ITX <-2024
Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
@khayoz

https://www.amigans.net/search.php?que ... &action=showall&andor=AND

Not much though, the Catweasel threads are old and Spirantho doesn't seem to be very active anymore, unfortunately.

I've got a Catweasel myself, so ask away

edit:
and yes, the forum search is p(r)icky at best

edit 2:
You can try to get in contact with Ian yourself, good luck

People are dying.
Entire ecosystems are collapsing.
We are in the beginning of a mass extinction.
And all you can talk about is money and fairytales of eternal economic growth.
How dare you!
– Greta Thunberg
Go to top
Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

See User information
@Raziel
Thanks for the answEr! <-- ;)
So now you got Catweasel and an ADF-Copy!
Need a GreaseWeazle? I have two. Just send me a P.M. ;)

Yeah got a Catweasel mk4+ myself and would like to try code an Catweasel SID player for the onboard SID chips, so Ian ís the go to
man for knowledge I guess.

Go to top
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

See User information
@khayoz

Threads may be seemingly random but in fact they all contain word "catweasel" so I guess it worked.

Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
@khayoz

Have to read up on the GreaseWeazel project first...seems to be yet another solution for reading writing all kinds of disks, but on PC?

I'd rather stay with my Catweasel, don't want to have even more reasons switching to PC

I haven't installed the Cat yet cause i'm missing a front slot in the new tower.
But here's a project for you...create a cable solution for using floppy drives outside a case with Catweasel hardware installed
Something like the Teensy, but to plug into a Catweasel, USB ports for data and powering...i'm just throwing ideas around

The SID player project sounds cool.
All here for betatesting (once i know how to circumvent the missing front slot...)
I played around with SID music directly from the chips with an old VICE version that featured it...
Would be worth installing it again then, just to use real SID chips for music playing (I have a massive library of SID tunes, so if you need some, just shout).
Heck, maybe even an AmigaAmp plugin/support would be feasable then?

Why are you still here, start coding

Err, the forum search...yeah...there is one

People are dying.
How dare you!
– Greta Thunberg
Go to top
Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

See User information
@Raziel

Are you using the Catweasel with the old PC and want to install it the new PC?

If so, I would use the Catweasel in the X1000 if I where you and use ADF-Copy on the new PC,

If not, are you usíng it with the X1000 in a new case without a 3,5" bay?
Just use an 5.25" to 3.5" adapter mounting-kit

I'm using the Catweasel in my X5000 and ADF-Copy on Mac.

Main use of the Catweasel is real SID's in Ian's VICE X64 version, Amiga floppys and as soon i've built an CDTV-A4000 adapter i'm gonna ditch the CDTV keyboard-Keyrah-X5000 solution.

Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
@khayoz

The second, Catweasel in the X1000, ADF Copy in the PC

Both don't have spare places for a floppy (*), so the PC has it's drive sitting outside the case (not using it THAT often anyway) and the X1000 doesn't have the catwesel hardware installed at all atm (But if there will be a use for the SID hardware (i.e. with your player), i will certainly put it back in).

I don't really do much with floppies on the X1000 anymore anyway, have all my stuff copied over a long time ago, games, programs, backups and so on.

Like i said, once i can make good use of the SID chips i'll plant it back in again

The PC is a low-profile hp server station i got as a refurbished sale and it blows everthing i had before that away (when it comes to pure cpu grunt)
But it also lacks the available space to install a floppy (either a floppy or a HDD, so the floppy stays out).

The X1000 case does have a second 5.25" bay, but it also has default closed bay doors since i use a a case model that works with "over-pressure" (fresh air gets sucked in on two sides, while no air gets sucked out, rather it's "pressed" out through the mandatory back openings. Works great, i have to say, but it comes with the exception that the bay doors needs to be closed all the time, except when i load or unload a cd/dvd.
And since amiga floppies don't work like a cd/dvd tray and won't eject a floppy disc automatically i'd never reach the disc, so i vouched for not installing it.)

People are dying.
How dare you!
– Greta Thunberg
Go to top

Register To Post