Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!

Sections

Who's Online
69 user(s) are online (44 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 2
Guests: 67

cloverskull, smf, more...

Headlines

Register To Post  

Flower Pot OS4 installation problems.
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

See User information
I recently installed AmigaForever on my laptop and it works great. I then installed OS4 classic with Flower Pot and ended up with what appears to be OS4 on an AGA screen. Most of the screen text is unreadable, colors are limited and AmiDock is a white band across the bottom of the screen with some icons. The OS4 Screenmode prefs only show PAL and Multisync screenmodes; all of which are ugly. There are no UAE screenmodes.

Can anyone tell me how to get the UAE screenmodes to show up in Screenmode prefs so I can get better screen?

If I can't get a better screenmode is there a safe way to uninstall Flower Pot?

Amiga X1000 with 2GB memory & OS 4.1FE + Radeon HD 5450

Go to top
Re: Flower Pot OS4 installation problems.
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
@xenic
here you can find a very complete guide on how to emulate the 4.1 FE
http://eab.abime.net/showthread.php?t=91368

FlowerPot is a great program should not give you problems.

here you can find the first part of the video if it can help you
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DQ5zggEDHug
"select 720hd" in youtube settings if you see the video in low resolution so you can see it well.
If you read the guide you will be able to do many things with the 4.1FE.
There are many other videos in the channel to have fun with the amigaos 4.1 FE.
I hope it's useful.

In most cases you will see videos called "tests".
In reality some videos are very old but in reality everything works well.
I stopped updating the guides because few people emulate this system.
Here you can see winuae that uses RunInUAE inside winuae itself, also in this case the configuration has been updated and works perfectly.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YIS7PXDaqz0

I have to thank for this many users who attend this forum for the help that has always been given to me.

Edited by white on 2019/10/9 19:22:49
Go to top
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

See User information
@white
I appreciate you trying to help but I already have OS4 installed with "Flower Pot" and I'll worry about other configuration when I can get an OS4 Workbench screen that I can read and use. I guess what I really need is some Flower Pot help. I've seen some posts in the past where users suggested using Flower Pot to install OS4 and I assume they got a good install and could help with my problem.

Go to top
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
Make a copy of PicassoIV and PicassoIV.info from SYS:Storage/Monitors/, rename them to UAEGFX(.info), put them in DEVS:Monitors/ and edit the .info file and set BOARDTYPE=uaegfx

Then make sure WinUAE has "UAE Zorro III" set as the RTG Graphics Card and set a small (at first) amount of memory for it. I'm using 32MB.

I assume one of the PCI bridgeboards is already enabled.

Then save the settings, restart WinUAE, open SYS:Prefs/ScreenMode and all the UAE screenmodes should be there.

Note that the AmigaOS splash screen when booting up will no longer show.

Edit: Correction, BOARDTYPE not BOARDGFX

Edited by MickJT on 2019/10/10 17:59:30
Go to top
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

See User information
@MickJT
Thanks for the help. The Flower Pot UAE config already has 'UAE Zorro III' set; which is a good thing because there is no Save button (Just Start, Cancel and Quit.

The SYS:Storage/Monitors directory in the installed OS4 only has NTSC, PAL and Multisync files so I copied the PicassoIV (and info) files from the Classic OS4 install ISO. There is no BOARDGFX variable in the PicassoIV info file but there is a BOARDTYPE variable. Should I add the BOARDGFX variable and setting or use the BOARDTYPE variable that's already there and change the setting to uaegfx for that?

Go to top
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
@xenic
If you did everything right, here you find uaegfx already configured

https://tinyurl.com/y5ycyzgg

The procedure is the one suggested by MickJT

Separate note:
Drag the file into the flowerpot window to find the unpacked file.
Probably if you open it normally you might have problems unpacking it if you haven't updated amigaos 4.1 yet

SYS:Libs/Picasso96 drawer
SYS:Libs/Picasso96.library
SYS:Devs/Monitor/UAEgfx

Reboot
Type newshell
Type screenmode
select screenmode uaefgx 1366x768 or other resolutions
select the two checks keep proportions
test your monitor
finally save

Go to top
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
@xenic
I tried FlowerPot which a long time ago the author had made me try very kindly and whom I thank again for his patience.
The test system is windows 10 64-bit enterprise 1809 ltsc latest build I have not encountered any problems.
Here the video if it can help you see the installation steps maybe you missed something.
I hope it can be useful.
https://youtu.be/KqBFsZ-dD9w

Go to top
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

See User information
@white
I installed your files and it worked! I now have UAE screenmodes. Thanks a lot. Maybe I made a mistake in the OS4.x install that resulted in an incomplete installation. I increased the resolution and got a tiny but clear Workbench screen. I thought that increasing the resolution would give me a bigger window but I'll need to see what I can do with the UAE settings. I'll check out your video and see if that helps.

Once again, thanks a lot. The installed OS4 was almost unusable without the UAE screen modes.

Go to top
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
@xenic

Sorry I got the tooltype wrong, it's BOARDTYPE=uaegfx. Glad you got it going. There's no need to copy over any Picasso96 files, or any library files whatsoever, nor the .card file. Merely the files in DEVS:Monitors/ is all that's needed.

I don't have rtg.library, uaegfx.card, emulation.library, Picasso96API.library or any Picasso96 directory in LIBS:, and it's all working well. My "UAEGFX" file in DEVS:Monitors is a copy of OS4's PicassoIV file, 6560 bytes in size.

Go to top
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

See User information
@MickJT
I tried your solution and it was accepted in the Screenmode Prefs 'Monitors' tab. Even though the mode file was set in the 'Moditors' tab and all the resolution setting showed, the new modes didn't show up in the 'Available Modes' tab. However White's files worked and I now have all the UAE graphics modes available. Now I need to install OS4.1FEupdate1. Is there anything I need to know about intalling that or is it just a normal install?

I only have 2 partitions showing on my OS4 Workbench. The FlowerPot disk is my system partition but I don't know about the WinDH_C disk. It appears that I have all my remaining Windows disk space available for WinDH_C.

I also don't see any way to save the UAE setting from the UAE GUI. Is there a way to save the settings?

Go to top
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
@xenic
Well, I'm glad you solved it.
it would be interesting to know what you can experience later.
FlowerPot is a great installer for 4.1 to have a ready base.
It would be interesting to add many other things to have a system with all applications ready for use at Flowerpot
I don't have the "capabilities" and unfortunately little time to create a complete installer.
I'm facing a big battle with my wife because of her health.
And I've decided that life is more important than anything else and even one's profession.
All this helps me not to think and distract myself many times.
And that's good for me it helps me a lot.

Well I hope you can enjoy the emulation of 4.1
For other information you can see the videos if you feel like it, FlowerPot could be expanded the author has all the abilities to do it.
And it would be a nice idea (I think)
However my experience on 4.1 is based only on emulation, even if everything seems to work.
In the EAB guide linked above you will find many things.

Besides, surely here there are expert people who can help you better than I could do it.

Go to top
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
@xenic
Small update I used InstallerGen to do a test to install applications and scripts as I said to complete the AmigaOs 4.1FE winuae emulation.
I hope to complete it and make it available as soon as possible.

Thanks a lot to the author of InstallerGen the program is very simple to use, I still have to study it a little but I should be there.
Now I just have to create an installation as simple as possible.
here a small test
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n42NprXCHG4

Go to top

Register To Post