Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!

Sections

Who's Online
140 user(s) are online (74 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 0
Guests: 140

more...

Headlines

Register To Post  

WHDLoad icons
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
It has been brought to my attention that Workbench Explorer can't show WHDLoad icons. I tried it, nothing. They show on Workbench just fine.

Is it a flaw in the info.datatype? NewIcons need to be installed?

Go to top
Re: WHDLoad icons
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
@mritter0

I suppose the "WHDLoad icons" are mostly PNG images with a ".info" extension. So usually the png.iconmodule should be involved. Maybe the combination of #?.iconmodule and info.datatype doesn't work reliable.

/http://www.os4depot.net/index.php?function=showfile&file=library/misc/png_im.lha)

X1000|II/G4|440ep|2000/060|2000/040|1000
Go to top
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
@mritter0

You could use the icon.library to get the images of info files and not rely on some third party datatype.

Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
@Gazelle

info.datatype does actually use icon.library itself to load icon images.

*but* in appliaction I would use icon.library direct to load my DiskObjec imagery.

info.datatype is more for loading an icon image into a paint package etc.

Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
@mritter0
Quote:

It has been brought to my attention that Workbench Explorer can't show WHDLoad icons. I tried it, nothing. They show on Workbench just fine.

Use icon.library directly in an application like WEx.

Quote:

Is it a flaw in the info.datatype?

Possibly. You could raise a report at the a-eon bug tracker and provide some sample icons.

Quote:

NewIcons need to be installed?

Newicons are supported directlyin AmigaOS 4 (though they can be switched of in Workbench prefs) so no, don't go installing newicons.

If they *are* newicons they are best converted to native format, (although if they are intended for use inside UAE that's less sensible) but if they were I'd expect them to show up as ordinary icons, not not show up at all, as newicons are just old bitmap icons with extra image data stored in the tool types.

Go to top

Register To Post