Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!

Sections

Who's Online
164 user(s) are online (124 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 2
Guests: 162

VooDoo, orgin, more...

Headlines

Register To Post  

Saving an output with Snoopy
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
I have to catch a log so i downloaded the latest version of Snoopy from OS4Depot, however while i can see the entire log then i'm unable to save locally any text as output..
By selecting the "saving" option a requester will be opened, i can choose a directory but then nothing will be saved .. i even try by (boring) selecting all the output manually and then uses amiga+c etc, but apparently the clipboard still empty in all case ...
Wtf is this a know issue of Snoopy?

Go to top
Re: Saving an output with Snoopy
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
Snoopy i use works for sure. When you need, you just choose in menu "half alt logging", then choose "save", and it ask you if save to the ram as "snoopy blablabl", or you will choose the filename yourself: and if so, you time the name, and it saves to ram as well.

Join us to improve dopus5!
AmigaOS4 on youtube
Go to top
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
I've only used the default RAM save location lately. Does that also fail? Could be a bug. It can save. Any spaces in your path?

Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
@kas1e

I checked the "Halt all logging" option in Output menu, then in the same menu i pressed "Save list to file"
At this point a window will be opened saying:

"Save list to file: RAM:Snoopy_Output ?"

I press ok, but no file will be created in RAM... at this point i've also tried another Path instead of RAM, but its the same...

Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
@Hypex

No extra space, Snoopy generate automatically a file called Snoopy_Output without any space ... I tried to manually add a txt extension to it before saving and also tried saving it in my work partition instead of ram .. nothing :(

Go to top
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

See User information
launched Snoopy and wating a few lines to show on Snoopy.
Menu output->Halt
Menu ouput->Save (and it shwos requester, click SAVE):
or try first to output->Save (and click on SPECIFY and choose/type RAM:)

Log Generated bySnoopy 54.108 (20.8.2021)

00001 AmiDock         o.k. = [execOpenDevice("timer.device",0,0x545AF3A0,0x00000000) = [42uS]
00002 CodePad         o.k. = [execOpenDevice("timer.device",0,0x53B9E630,0x00000000) = [37uS]
00003 CodePad         o.k. = [execOpenDevice("timer.device",0,0x53B9E630,0x00000000) = [24uS]

Delete Snoopy.config (on snoopy path) myabe it has something wrong.

Snoopy V54.108 (2021.08.20)

Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
@jabirulo

No chance.. after pressing save list to file i can see a "saving list" message in the titlebar of snoopy, so apparently its doing something... but no file created

Where did you found the version 54.108 ?
Here i have the .107

Go to top
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

See User information
@samo79

54.108 is only released to beta, but it should be the same as 54.107, except that the internal dos version check allows for later (also beta) versions of dos.library.

Best regards,

Niels

Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
@nbache

Ok thanks

Go to top
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

See User information
@samo79

And what happens if you don't halt snoopy and use SPECIFY 1st (choose RAM:) and then SAVE?

Go to top
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
@samo79

I don't know what's going on. I also found I had the .108 version for some reason. So I downloaded .107 version and rebooted.

I opened a drawer and Snoopy got some output. I saved to RAM using generic save option. It worked. I then saved again to RAM and changed the file name Snoopy2. It worked. I then saved it to a HDD volume in the root. It worked.

I can only suggest not halting the output before you save. Leave logging on. You may need some more options set depending on what you have set already. Then attempt to save. Hopefully Snoopy will catch its own DOS calls saving it and you will see it in window. Seems Snoopy is going a bit Snoppy!

Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
Seems i have understanding what's going on, the problem was not related to Snoopy but the application I'm trying to get the log from ...

This one i'm trying to "debug"
https://8080.itch.io/solitare-match

The output was displayed correctly in Snoopy but the game window somehow freezes the clipboard of OS4 either by trying to save the log from the Snoopy menu or by simply copying and pasting the log manually ...

Go to top

Register To Post