Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!

Sections

Who's Online
78 user(s) are online (58 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 0
Guests: 78

more...

Headlines

Register To Post  

AmigaOne X5000 frequent lockups
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
Hello

Since various weeks I have various frequent freezes or grim reapers.

Why? Maybe I am failing on configure or use correctly some programs or apps.

All I want is a bit more of stability and more usability of my Amiga 5000

I know Odyssey for example has problems,sometimes YAM,sometimes too,IPrefs I remember;ScummVM I think too...You see it?

And the major "madness" or objection is to try to download for about 2 weeks a CD32 Tosec Zip file that is failing...OK sin after sin I mean...I mean that it falls to download frequently after several loclups and freezes.This files is about of 46 GB of weight.Very heavy.

OK that's my history hope you or someone can help me soon.

And remember that I am using AmigaOS 4.1 Update 2

Go to top
Re: AmigaOne X5000 frequent lockups
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
@MamePPCA1

If you have random freezes the only 2 things that i can think of(if you haven't tried them) are replace battery or check your ram sticks.

Or try a new fresh install of the OS.

Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
@MamePPCA1

Just to take something off of your list of worries.
ScummVM (in it's plugins incarnation) is known to crash for some engines on the second or third run (not sure which yet, or if it's the engine count, but it won't crash with some engines in place yadda, yadda).
If there ever will be a proper way of debugging things, i can maybe corner it, but for now it's a hit and miss, sorry.

back to the topic

Do the crashes happen when you try to run apps *during* the download?
Or do they happen while you are away and Odyssey should happily suck on the interwebs tit? (Heh, didn't he do that with Circe earlier in history too?)
If the latter, then try to shut down any running screensaver (especially "ScreenBlanker" - it's known to do evil things while you are away - just like Windows)

If you already have a list of programs crashing, try to test them seperately.
It doesn't always have to be a hardware problem.
Example: If you download something *and* access the web again with aother program (YAM) they both might interfere in a way and drag themselves down, just a thought.

Anyway, please elaborate "random".

Go to top
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
@Raziel

Hello man

Well,the crashes occurs on both situations when I try to run an app or unexpectedly when I am surfing with Odyssey.Ihave one at the moment this morning.Only 1.

I don't know what to say I am very stuck now.

Amiga is Amiga no? These days

I need some help to sort this absurd/ankward situation.

Ah and sometimes it crashes and then a sound appears so I can continue if I wait.Even in the past I felt like I heared a noisy sound and it was lockup.Now this happens randomly but with rarity approach then.

Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
@MamePPCA1

A sound?
Intriguing.
Can you maybe find out where the sound comes from?

The one program which comes to mind immediately doing sounds in the background is notifications/ringhio.

Maybe some program (i.e. odyssey) is triggering a notification message which in turn crashes (due to something else).

Music and sound playback works fine I assume?

Go to top
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
@Raziel

Yes random maybe to not know exactly what to use and how to.Other times yes "I am at the right time and the right place" like great dudes of history,like Dale Carnegie.

Amiga means a lot,Amiga means it all for me.

Remember how the computing is fun? That's the right choice.

Thank you raziel and all for your innegable support.You rule!!!

Go to top

Register To Post