Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!

Sections

Who's Online
102 user(s) are online (73 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 1
Guests: 101

K-L, more...

Headlines

Register To Post  

Roadshow Interface timeout?
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
Does anyone know if it's possible to change the timeout Roadshow uses when trying DHCP on an interface? Currently it seems to be several minutes.

The reason I ask is that normally I have an Ethernet interface, but I've recently added a WiFi interface... however, Roadshow won't try the WiFi interface until the Ethernet interface has timed-out.

Author of the PortablE programming language.
Go to top
Re: Roadshow Interface timeout?
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
@ChrisH

roadshow.doc states the timeout is 60 seconds, but it is configurable. Try TIMEOUT=40 either with the AddNetInterface command line or the interface project tooltype.

Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
@Thematic
Thanks, the TIMEOUT parameter of AddNetInterface sounds promising. My Interface files have no icons though.

Author of the PortablE programming language.
Go to top
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
What about changing the AddNetInterface line in the startup-sequence/network-startup scripting...

Specifically a "RUN <>Nil: C:AddNetInterface Devs:NetInterfaces/<ifname>" for each interface by name?

so that instead of serially adding interfaces you can add them in parallel with first launch+config becoming the order in which they attach to the network stack ?

Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
@Belxjander

The point of S:Network-Startup is that the programs launched after the network startup line can be assured of the network being up, if you "RUN" the network startup commands then that stops being the case.

Edited by broadblues on 2015/9/20 18:02:56
Go to top

Register To Post