Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!

Sections

Who's Online
150 user(s) are online (109 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 1
Guests: 149

orgin, more...

Headlines

Register To Post  

NOT AVAILABLE, WAS: any interest in source code for Uplink, Defcon, Darwinia or Multiwinia?
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
A few years back I got access to the source code of some of Introversion's games, as part of a Humble Bundle deal. Someone had expressed a possible interest in trying to port them to AmigaOS4, but I never heard anything back from them, so the source code has just been sitting on my harddrive wasting space.

So I just wanted to see if there was any interest in the source code of those games before I deleted them. The games are:
* Darwinia/Multiwinia, 267MB in total.
* Defcon, 123MB in total.
* Uplink, 162MB it total.

Please do *not* PM me, as I most likely won't notice it. If you want to contact me privately, then please do it via email:
http://www.cshandley.co.uk/email/

EDIT: PLEASE READ
I keep getting emails about this every 6 months or so, so I want to make it clear:

Sadly it turned out that their license does not allow me to give their source code to anyone else, and even if I did the port myself I still cannot release the executable without first getting their permission. I tried contacting them by email, and they were not at all helpful.

Their license is quite draconian, in that you have to submit your port to them, and then they will think about whether they will allow it to be released. I presume they will try to force you to agree to some contract which gives them money for every copy sold (or worse), so I don't know how they'd react to a proposed freeware release.

You can buy their source code from their web site, assuming you would be OK with their license:
http://www.introversion.co.uk/store/

Edited by ChrisH on 2015/9/25 15:43:01
Author of the PortablE programming language.
Go to top
Re: any interest in source code for Uplink, Defcon, Darwinia or Multiwinia?
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
@ChrisH

Could that be a task for BsZili?

People are dying.
Entire ecosystems are collapsing.
We are in the beginning of a mass extinction.
And all you can talk about is money and fairytales of eternal economic growth.
How dare you!
– Greta Thunberg
Go to top
Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

See User information
@ChrisH

i'd *love* to see a port of DEFCON. unfortunately it's a little beyond my capabilities.

-- eliyahu

"Physical reality is consistent with universal laws. When the laws do not operate, there is no reality. All of this is unreal."
Go to top
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
I'm not sure who BsZili could be (perhaps my evil twin?), but if he isn't interested I can give it a shot too :D

This is just like television, only you can see much further.
Go to top

Register To Post