Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!

Sections

Who's Online
105 user(s) are online (63 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 1
Guests: 104

kas1e, more...

Headlines

Register To Post  

Jack wants APPDIR:Curl
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

See User information
I downloaded curl , did put it in c:

Jack however gives me an error message when trying to use it for downloading files. How can i make Jack find curl ?

Go to top
Re: Jack wants APPDIR:Curl
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
Open a shell, type c:curl and close window.

Restart Jack.

However it should be in APPDIR: already because its automatically silently launched during the installation process.

Just had a thought, whats your system's volume name? Got any spaces in it. Try removing the space if there is one, if thats the problem I'll offer a quick update over the weekend.

Go to top
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

See User information
@djrikki

the volume's name is "Amiga OS 4"
I did not rename it, as other problems may be created.

I'll wait for your update.

I noted some other problems:

- when launching Jack from it's WB icon, Jack is opened (rather slowly) but it's window is not active.
- drag & dropping a file or a picture drawer does not work.

Go to top
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
Okay, I'll do some space tests this end.

Drag and Drop i'll look into it some more.

Yeah, I noticed the WB not active as well, but I run it through WBStartup as a Commodity so for me it doesn't need to be active, and I can just click the window anyway if I need it.

Go to top
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
Quick test, opening a shell:

cd envarc:appdir
type curl

--

For me it says DH0:C/, I do a few more, and the APPDIR: system is using the Volume Identifier each time rather than volume's name.

Is it possible to have spaces in volume identifiers? Or is it always DH0: HD0: DH1: HD1: etc?

--

Someone did identify this Curl problem before so I changed it from SYS:C/ to APPDIR: which should have resolved the issue.

Go to top
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

See User information
@djrikki
the volume identifier is DU0: corresponding to the "Amiga OS 4:" name

Looking as you did

cd envarc:appdir
type curl

i get the correct answer DU0:c

The message requesting Appdir:curl still appears however.

Go to top
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

See User information
An other problem i might note as well:

When installing Jack (or trying to use some functionality) i got a rather unhelpfull requester asking me to assign DH1: I assigned it to DU0:
after that it seemded that Jack "created" (or expected) some directories for images and music. Tjose directories were not added though.

Go to top
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
Replied by PM.

Go to top
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
Problem regarding Curl solved.

Wrong error message being displayed.

Should read:

Sorry, the AppStore requires a screen resolution greater than 1024x768.

!

Go to top
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

See User information
On my Sam440ep i don't have a higher resolution availble it seems.
Can't this requirement be lowered?

Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
Quote:

JosDuchIt wrote:
I downloaded curl , did put it in c:

Jack however gives me an error message when trying to use it for downloading files. How can i make Jack find curl ?

Don't use the CURL tool from Jack, use libCURL instead. It's the same code, as the CURL tool, but it gets linked into your software (no more missing tool problems). It's also included in the SDK, and documentation can be found here.

Hans

http://hdrlab.org.nz/ - Amiga OS 4 projects, programming articles and more.
https://keasigmadelta.com/ - more of my work
Go to top
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
I haven't used Jack, but I also don't have any res higher than 1024x768 for my OS4 machine, simply because I want that particular monitor there, and I can't easily come by any 4:3 monitors anymore.

Go to top
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

See User information
@Hans
Quote:
Don't use the CURL tool from Jack, use libCURL instead. It's the same code, as the CURL tool, but it gets linked into your sof

I guess this has to be done by Jack's author, anyway it won't solve the problem. Other functionalities of Jack also seem to require a higher resolution, so i can't use them neither

Go to top
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
Tried a resolution of 1024x768 today. App-store doesn't open, it was meant to. Everything else working fine Full-screen image mode and image editor.

Hollywood calls windows Displays, the Display I created for the App-Store is 1024x768. I can only assume that the Title Bar and Edges are 'in addition' to the Display size I have specifed. So its probably trying to open a Display 1028x800 or something. Had this been stated in Hollywood's documentation in the first place I would have made the Display/window smaller, but c'est la vie. In order to support 1024x768 or similiar the layout of the App-Store would have to change.

I can only suggest that 4:3 users use a higher resolution like 1280x1024 or 16:9 users use something like 1440x900. Of course it depends on the monitor/tv support.

Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
Quote:

JosDuchIt wrote:
@Hans
Quote:
Don't use the CURL tool from Jack, use libCURL instead. It's the same code, as the CURL tool, but it gets linked into your sof

I guess this has to be done by Jack's author, anyway it won't solve the problem. Other functionalities of Jack also seem to require a higher resolution, so i can't use them neither

Yes, that was supposed to be directed at djrikki, the author of Jack. I forgot to put "@djrikki" at the top. Basically, using external tools to do stuff should be avoided because it is messy, and in this case libCURL exists, so there is absolutely no need.

Hans

http://hdrlab.org.nz/ - Amiga OS 4 projects, programming articles and more.
https://keasigmadelta.com/ - more of my work
Go to top

Register To Post