Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!

Sections

Who's Online
59 user(s) are online (32 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 0
Guests: 59

more...

Headlines

Register To Post  

SMBMounter 0.2 Released
Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

See User information
Okay, well over a year since the last release, but I finally got my act together and implemented some bug fixes and new features that people had been looking for. SMBMounter is a commodity GUI frontend for SMBFS, and can be used for mounting, unmounting and editing network drives quickly and easily.

I've submitted it to Aminet and OS4Depot, but you can also get it on my website:

http://www.robthenerd.com/show.php?se ... =smbmounter&page=download

All feedback is appreciated! Especially people who use it on alternative systems, UAE, MorphOS etc... as I haven't tested these myself.

Go to top
Re: SMBMounter 0.2 Released
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
Well, as you noted, there can be problems connecting with Vista and Win 7 machines. There certainly are problems for me, at any rate, with full Samba or with smbfs. But it looks like it would be really nice to use if I was trying to connect to an XP unit.

Nice work, anyway!

Paul

Builder of Frankenthousand The monster A1000
The Young Frankenthousand A1-XE G4
X5000
Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
@Daedalus
Looks nice, although I could never get SMBFS to work with Windows Vista. If you added "share browsing" that might help with getting it to work with Windows Vista/7... I always thought I was entering the right settings, but maybe not, and maybe a share browser would give some hints as to what settings need changing on Vista/7.

Author of the PortablE programming language.
Go to top
Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

See User information
Share browsing is something I'd like to add, but it's a fairly big job... The thing is, I think it's a difference in protocols between Vista/7 and XP/everything else that stops SMBFS from working, so no matter what parameters are used it'll never play ball. Someone else might be able to confirm that for me - I don't have any Vista or 7 machines myself.

Thanks for the comments guys :)

Go to top
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

See User information
I think I got SMBFS working with 7RC but I'm not sure anymore. At least I have to use my own (main) account and password with Ubuntu to get it working. I tried to create another account for shared usage but couldn't get that one working. Try Administrator/root account on Win's (to connect to). (I think one needs to install Samba separately to Win Home versions.)

Btw. Are there any Samba compatibility mode in 7 ? Is installing Samba on XP emulator a possibility ? ... Use Samba server on Amiga side and FS/client on the other side ?

Rock lobster bit me - so I'm here forever
X1000 + AmigaOS 4.1 FE
"Anyone can build a fast CPU. The trick is to build a fast system." - Seymour Cray
Go to top
Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

See User information
Yeah, it should work the other way around - mounting shared Amiga drives in Win 7 via Samba, but I haven't got a machine here to try logging in with root details.

Go to top
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
I have a weird problem. I edited some security settings of Windows7 and the folder I want to share.

On the PC (Windows7 x64) side, I can not see the Amiga.

On the Amiga (OS3.9 with boingbag4) side, I can connect to the folder and see the files there. But when I try to copy the files, filesize changes and also files on the PC are shown without a default icon.

Then I found this:

If use an Amiga shell to copy the files, things work properly.
Also if I use UnARC to unarchive archives directly from the PC to Amiga, files unarchive properly.

The problem is with copying files by dragging icons from workbench or using Dopus5 Magellan.

EDIT: The file is still corrupt when copied from Amiga shell (although filesize does not change)

Edited by ancalimon on 2011/10/25 6:21:23
Go to top
Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

See User information
Hmmm... That's quite strange. My guess is that it's to do with the blocksize that is used for the transfer. Perhaps you could try setting the copy buffer lower in Workbench, or using arguments to the copy command in the CLI to see if this resolves the issue. Do other transfers work as expected, e.g. FTP between the machines?

Go to top

Register To Post