Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!

Sections

Who's Online
120 user(s) are online (94 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 1
Guests: 119

VooDoo, more...

Headlines

Register To Post  

rezising windows
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
I have a problem that i'm not 100% sure what i've done wrong. I have my main window. I can resize that,but the user can open 2 new windows. Only one at a time,but if you then close the extra one. And then try to resize the main window, the system locks up. Would be nice if someone knew or have experienced this one before.

X5000
Go to top
Re: rezising windows
Amigans Defender
Amigans Defender

See User information
That would be a really wild guess! Do you handle your Intuition messages properly? If you use more than one program window, you probably need to switch between input loops. Perhaps there's a problem when returning to the main input loop?

The Rear Window blog

AmigaOne X5000 @ 2GHz / 4GB RAM / Radeon RX 560 / ESI Juli@ / AmigaOS 4.1 Final Edition
SAM440ep-flex @ 667MHz / 1GB RAM / Radeon 9250 / AmigaOS 4.1 Final Edition
Go to top
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

See User information
Maybe when you close the second window, your message port gets deleted??? Just a wild guess...

Go to top
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

See User information
Try doing some other action than resizing after closing the second window, e.g. iconifying or deactivating/activating the main window. If that also locks up, you have proven that it isn't the resizing specifically that is problematic, but rather reacting at all to Intuition messages, in which case Trixie and/or Alfkil are probably right.

Best regards,

Niels

Go to top

Register To Post