Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!

Sections

Who's Online
90 user(s) are online (54 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 0
Guests: 90

more...

Headlines

Register To PostTopic is Locked  

amigans.net should be same as www.amigans.net
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
Since I was asked to post this elsewhere, here goes:

PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE make "amigans.net" point to this site, and not the 'temporary' site, because it is going to be VERY confusing for many people who just have "amigans.net" bookmarked.

Keeping it as it is also encourages people to keep posting (perhaps accidentally) on the temporary site, which is obviously undesirable.

Instead I think there should be a prominent link to the temporary site. It's IP address works fine, so there's really no problem with making amigans.net do the sensible thing.

Edited by ChrisH on 2011/3/26 12:26:27
Author of the PortablE programming language.
Go to top
Re: amigans.net should be same as www.amigans.net
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
Yep. That will be much better for sure. For now its a bit messy: sometime i type amigans.net (just to type faster) and jump on old site. Then, after that, i remember that need to type www.amigans.net, and do typing again.

For sure amigans.net should be same as www.amigans.net , and temporary site should be just at any other ips/domains/does not matter where. Is there any real reassons to have it as we have now ?

Join us to improve dopus5!
AmigaOS4 on youtube
Go to top
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
+1

X1000|II/G4|440ep|2000/060|2000/040|1000
Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
Or even better, rather than using "109.124.157.188" to get to the old site, why not use "old.amigans.net"? That would be future-proof, AND rather obvious.

Go to top
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
And what happens if we will get another attack in the future. We will have old2.amigans.net?

To Be A True Adventurer, You Ought To Play Real Text Adventures
Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
@phantom
If that will happens, admins can just change ip for www.amigans.net and amigans.net to temporary site. Nothing problematic for sure :)

AmigaOS4 on youtube
Go to top
Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

See User information
+1111

AmigaOne X5000 OS4.1 FEU1 And Lubuntu 10.04
1200 towered with Blizzard PPC - BVision and Mediator
And a new fantastic Chameleon64
Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
I noticed that "temp.amigans.net" now points to the old/temporary web site. I hope this means someone will soon update the DNS so that "amigans.net" points to the current site, as that would save a LOT of potential confusion for many people.

Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
@amigans.net owners
I see that Sicky has accidentally posted on the wrong site.

Given how many "lurkers" there are, compared to active posters, I think we can safely say that for every Sicky there must be 10-100 lurkers who are also looking at the wrong site. And sadly "casual lurkers" may not realise their mistakes, as all they will see is a web site that has died (and perhaps move to AW.net instead).

Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
@ChirsH

To add, i already read on some frensh and poland forums, that users from time to time ask "amigans.net is dead ?". That because they come to amigans.net only (no one of course write "www." these days, just because without www. all works fine usually).

@Admins

Is there any real problems why we can't have www.amigans.net the same as amigans.net , and just temp.amigans.net as temporary one ? Imho that is matter of one small change ?

AmigaOS4 on youtube
Go to top

Register To PostTopic is Locked