Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!

Sections

Who's Online
155 user(s) are online (113 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 2
Guests: 153

Skateman, Yodaphone, more...

Headlines

Register To Post  

Battle for Wesnoth fullscreen mode problem
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
Battle for Wesnoth is a great turn-based strategy game, but although it works fast and reliable in window-mode, it seems not to co-operate in full screen mode.

Switching to full screenmode, I got several graphics pop-ups, which unfortunately comes to an unplayable experience. When something moves everything is flickering and so on.

I know that I can play in window mode, I just ask if somebody had the same experience with that before, or we have the same situation like UFO:AI.

To Be A True Adventurer, You Ought To Play Real Text Adventures
Go to top
Re: Battle for Wesnoth fullscreen mode problem
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
@Phantom

I heavily doubt you are out of v-ram with Battle of Wesnoth. Game is already slow on Sam in window mode, what do you expect when switching to fullscreen?

Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
@phantom
Quote:

Switching to full screenmode, I got several graphics pop-ups, which unfortunately comes to an unplayable experience. When something moves everything is flickering and so on.

Imho the same "barier of memory" problem. As i know, beta version of warp3d drivers already fixed in that terms. And you will not have any glitches anymore, and almost will not have slowdowns when "barrier" will happens (why almost - because still there need to reupload textures at the begining of video memory, reorganaze it, etc). Also loading of textures with new w3d fix will be faster than before => all 3d games will works a bit faster.

Need to wait for the next update. I hope (can be wrong of course, just speculating), that it will be released with the classic version of aos4.1. Maybe in the next mounth or so (i hope).

ps. As usual for me on peg2/1ghz with radeon9250 (256mb) everything works fast and without glitches in that game :)

Join us to improve dopus5!
AmigaOS4 on youtube
Go to top
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
Quote:

Cool_amigaN wrote:
@Phantom

I heavily doubt you are out of v-ram with Battle of Wesnoth. Game is already slow on Sam in window mode, what do you expect when switching to fullscreen?

In my Flex system isn't slow, it's fast in window mode, and if you put out the glitches in full-screen mode, it's quite fast there too.

Go to top
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
Tried to use >NIL: to avoid the shell output that the game creates, but still no working.

Any ideas?

Go to top
Amigans Defender
Amigans Defender

See User information
@Phantom

you must use *>NIL:

it is possible that it use stderr instead of stdout

i'm really tired...
Go to top
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
@afxgroup

Still opens a shell-output but with just one line of information and nothing more, but I didn't see any increase in speed; the game seems to run as before (quite fast though).

Go to top

Register To Post