Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!

Sections

Who's Online
137 user(s) are online (120 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 3
Guests: 134

amigait, amig_os, Gregor, more...

Headlines

Register To Post  

AmigOne x1000 to a mainstream PC shop ?
Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

See User information
I recently had an e-mail discussion dialog between finnish verkkokauppa.com PC shop. I asked if they were interested in other products beside retro joysticks:
http://www.verkkokauppa.com/popups/prodinfo.php?id=31385

They said they were interested in minimig and SAM, but they need to be available to Finland in higher volumes and it needs to have a importer that can stock enough units.

(also the packaging and simple "ready to run" ability need to be high)

Is there any development to build a force to push AmigaHW+SW back to mainstream (internet) shops?

((If I had the pocketmoney to stock 1000 units of x1000, and time to prepare the documentation, perhaps x1000 could enter a finnish mainstream PC shop.))

Btw. Is x1000 going to ship as fully installed and preset system?
Is there marketing material (brochure) being prepared to attract PC dummies (while not giving false promises)?

Edited by KimmoK on 2010/4/20 12:32:50
- Kimmo
--------------------------PowerPC-Advantage------------------------
"PowerPC Operating Systems can use a microkernel architecture with all it�s advantages yet without the cost of slow context switches." - N. Blachford
Go to top
Re: AmigOne x1000 to a mainstream PC shop ?
Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

See User information
@KimmoK

Should be possible that PC retailers will consider other systems for sale than just Windows-systems. That would be interesting. It remain to be seen, though..

Soon to own a powerful AmigaOne X1000 with latest AmigaOS 4.1 incarnation ;) Dual Core PPC!

- Helgis
Go to top
Supreme Council
Supreme Council

See User information
The AmigaOne X1000 will ship only as a complete system minus monitor. There will be no DIY solutions.

I'm not that up on warranty law, but I would imagine that disassembling the machine and rehousing it will void the guarantee on these systems.

Simon

Go to top
Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

See User information
@Rigo

I was not suggesting any disassembly etc.

But there should be big enough (and fast) buffer of Amiga products (preferably preset & ready to run with basic SW bundle), then they could exist in mainstrem PC (web) shops, like the one I mentioned.

- Kimmo
--------------------------PowerPC-Advantage------------------------
"PowerPC Operating Systems can use a microkernel architecture with all it�s advantages yet without the cost of slow context switches." - N. Blachford
Go to top

Register To Post