Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!

Sections

Who's Online
140 user(s) are online (105 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 1
Guests: 139

afxgroup, more...

Headlines

Register To Post  

OWB 2.7 is better than Google Chrome!
Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

See User information
Well, OK, so thats a huge exaggeration, but in the Facebook game "Parking Wars", when you click "Park Here" to park a car in Google Chrome, nothing happens.

I just tried it in OWB2.7 on my AmigaOne and I can park cars perfectly

Go to top
Re: OWB 2.7 is better than Google Chrome!
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
@xeron

Humm.
My wife says that she doesn't need OWB2.7 and an AOne to park a car. But I wonder why there are so many scratches on her car...

Bye,
TMTisFree

"Never ascribe to malice that which is adequately explained by incompetence." (Napol?on Bonaparte)
"I would love to change the world, but they won?t give me the source code." (Unknown)
Go to top
Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

See User information
@TMTisFree

lol

Nissan GTR '08
Go to top
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

See User information
@xeron

Quote:
Well, OK, so thats a huge exaggeration
Not for the web engine part, although it's a WebKit based browser Chrome only succeeds in 79% of the ACID3 test which is even worse than Opera 9.52 (84%) and FireFox 3.1 (85%), let alone other WebKit browsers like Safari 4 (100%), OWB GTK (100%), OWB SDL (98%) or the AmigaOS4 OWB 2.8 (only 93% instead of 98% because of the disabled SVG support).

Go to top
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
@joerg

Talking of OWB 2.8, I just connected to the webserver of my "all-in-one" and was able to receive scans which open in another window, then save them with SGrab, (mark&grab).

This is a definitive milestone for Amiga browsers, and once again, many thanks for your efforts.
Richard.

Go to top
Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

See User information
@joerg

Posting this from 2.8 (with little 4.1s falling from the sky)...

I noticed that the AddressBar does not update itself when either the Back or Forward buttons are pressed (it does update with the Reload button, though). Also, if you iconify and then restore the window, the AddressBar is blank.

I know these are really minor things (that shows how good OWB is overall).

The only things that I really miss right now are the ARexx port, and the ability to download. Is Andreas going to handle this again, or is he busy with other things?

Oh, I almost forgot: Thanks Joerg for the update!

Go to top
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
@joerg

Thanks for the iconify stuff, much appreciated (as the rest of improvements).
Next step: authentification.
Keep the excellent work.

Bye,
TMTisFree

"Never ascribe to malice that which is adequately explained by incompetence." (Napol?on Bonaparte)
"I would love to change the world, but they won?t give me the source code." (Unknown)
Go to top

Register To Post