Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!

Sections

Who's Online
120 user(s) are online (91 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 1
Guests: 119

orgin, more...

Headlines

Register To Post  

OS4 & WarpOS!
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
Have question about wos emulation on OS4..all wos sw what i try not working on oS4..( final + july update) fxpaint,vhistudio,eart2140 (68k version work)...In libs I have powerpc.librayr v16.34 is this libs engouh for wos apps or I need some files and config? thx for helping!

Amiga x5000 ı o2o ı 4GB RAM ı RadeonRX580 | SBlaster Audigy Fx - AmigaOS4.1 FInal Edition

A1200 sandwich

Warp - Croatian Amiga portal
Go to top
Re: OS4 & WarpOS!
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

See User information
@VooDoo

Quote:

VooDoo wrote:
Have question about wos emulation on OS4..all wos sw what i try not working on oS4..( final + july update) fxpaint,vhistudio,eart2140 (68k version work)...In libs I have powerpc.librayr v16.34 is this libs engouh for wos apps or I need some files and config? thx for helping!
powerpc.library 16.34 only works with AmigaOS4 Update4. Unfortunately I didn't add a kernel version check in powerpc.library and a lot of people try to use it on newer versions of AmigaOS4 where it can't work
There is no public version of powerpc.library for newer versions of AmigaOS4.

Go to top
Site Builder
Site Builder

See User information
@joerg

You mean that there is one newer version under beta testing?

Go to top
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

See User information
@walkero

Quote:

walkero wrote:
@joerg

You mean that there is one newer version under beta testing?
No.

Go to top
Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

See User information
@joerg

Quote:

joerg wrote:
powerpc.library 16.34 only works with AmigaOS4 Update4. Unfortunately I didn't add a kernel version check in powerpc.library and a lot of people try to use it on newer versions of AmigaOS4 where it can't work

I think that you should replace "can't work" with "does not work properly". As stated elseware, apart from the occasional crash, Heretic II and Wipeout 2097 run well on the July update.

It is only really for these two pieces of software that you need WarpOS support. I think Rogue said that there would be an OS4 native version of Shogo but not H2, and most other software already has a native version or there was a 68k build.

I think it would be nice to make the libraries available to Classic owners to run at their own risk.

Are there technical reason preventing WarpOS support ever working properly with OS4 or is it a question of priorities.

Is there any chance of releasing the source code so that others can pick up from where you left it.

Go to top
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
@Rob

I am really missing this WarpOS support on OS 4.0 July update especially to play Payback demo!!

May we e-mail Hyperion to release a new version on future updates or to release the source code so someone can port
it to OS 4.0 Final?

Amiga 500 1MB Chip RAM with ACA 500+ACA1232,CD32,Amiga 1300 030/50 Mhz,32MB (now on my hands at least)and Amiga One G3 XE PPC 800 Mhz,ATI Radeon 9250 128 MB,256 MB RAM,Seagate 200 GB HD,2 working DVD drives,X-Arcade double for MAME,Sil0680,4 USB ports,LG
Go to top
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

See User information
@Rob

Quote:

Rob wrote:

I think it would be nice to make the libraries available to Classic owners to run at their own risk.
Even if there wouldn't be anything else in the old AmigaOne version of powerpc.library which makes it impossible to work on classic Amigas, with the current kernel, dos.library, etc., just the (re)mapping of the, on the AmigaOne non-existing, Chip RAM to normal RAM (workaround for a bug in Wipeout2097, it writes to address 0x001B0000 without even trying to allocate it) would very likely result in a nice crash firework on a classic Amiga

Quote:
Are there technical reason preventing WarpOS support ever working properly with OS4 or is it a question of priorities.
A complete WarpOS emulation, incl. it's kernel with own task scheduler, the mirror tasks/processes, replacement exec functions for the m68k parts of WarpOS software, etc., would be a lot of work, and very likely wouldn't even make much more, if any, WarpOS software work on AmigaOS4. I very much doubt anyone will ever try to implement something like that for AmigaOS4.

IIRC I fixed the bugs in my powerpc.library about 1 1/2 years ago, but since it's of course still as useless as the old versions were on old versions of AmigaOS4, or actually even more useless since current versions of AmigaOS4 catch much more bugs in broken software, I don't see any reason for releasing an update. AmigaOS4 Update3 and 4 didn't include Petunia yet and a WarpOS wrapper made sense since using the WarpOS versions of most applications was much faster than using the m68k versions with the interpreting m68k emulator, but since Petunia is included in AmigaOS4 it doesn't any more, there is next to no speed difference between running a m68k version with Petunia and a WarpOS version. In some cases like fxPaint on 750 CPUs the m68k version is even much faster than the WarpOS one.

There are no WarpOS-only applications which are worth to be emulated, at least I didn't find any, and for most games it was never really usable.

Edited by joerg on 2007/12/24 23:21:45
Go to top
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

See User information
@MamePPCA1

Quote:
I am really missing this WarpOS support on OS 4.0 July update especially to play Payback demo!!
Use the included m68k version of the Payback demo instead.

Quote:
May we e-mail Hyperion to release a new version on future updates or to release the source code so someone can port
it to OS 4.0 Final?
Don't waste their time with something like that, they don't have the sources.

Go to top

Register To Post