Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!

Sections

Who's Online
117 user(s) are online (84 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 1
Guests: 116

trixie, more...

Headlines

Register To Post  

OS4&DVI&LCD?
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
The story: Bought an expensive DVI-cable in the hope that the Radeon9250 output would give a better picture from the ViewSonic monitor in this XE. This has been discussed in aw.net but I hope there is the wisdom here to tell that it does/does'nt work when the os4 should pop up.

No signal just comes out in the digital output but U-Boot can be seen in every different cabling(vga or not) setups.

Some claims it works. Any settings in the prefs or drivers?
The bonus would be rewarded at this Amigahouse if it would work that I could free the VGA-cable and put an A1 to a PC
connector to a LCD tv! (And then start asking questions again:)

PR

Go to top
Re: OS4&DVI&LCD?
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

See User information
@PR1

Quote:
The story: Bought an expensive DVI-cable in the hope that the Radeon9250 output would give a better picture from the ViewSonic monitor in this XE. This has been discussed in aw.net but I hope there is the wisdom here to tell that it does/does'nt work when the os4 should pop up.
No, the Radeon driver included in OS4 Final didn't support DVI yet. Only OS4 beta testers have a newer version with DVI support, but AFAIK it doesn't work with all cards yet.

Quote:
No signal just comes out in the digital output but U-Boot can be seen in every different cabling(vga or not) setups.
U-Boot includes a x86 emulator, it executes the BIOS of the gfx card which sets up all outputs. AmigaOS4 doesn't use U-Boot and it has no x86 emulator either, the AmigaOS4 drivers have to support it themself.

Go to top
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
@PR1
Good question, I have the same graphics card and monitor but have my Mac mini attached to the DVI for now. Looks like good news ahead though.

ace

Go to top
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
@joerg

Thought so, thanks for the answer. I'll wait..

In the meanwhile I'll get the modified Scart cable from the repair-shop to connect the A500 to the flat-tv via monitor connection and throw the C= Tv-modulator to an older tv which is useless(without scart or antenna-digibox) when analog tv stops here 1.9. so we have a few play "monitors"
then.

It's sometimes all about cables isn't it? ;)

Go to top
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
@joerg

Quote:

No, the Radeon driver included in OS4 Final didn't support DVI yet. Only OS4 beta testers have a newer version with DVI support, but AFAIK it doesn't work with all cards yet.

Is there any schedule of it's release?
([show off]just hooked the new shiny Samsung 931 to the A1 [/show off], saw the dvi output in uboot, then when no wb showed up, switched to vga output, fiddled with tooltypes of dev:monitors/radeon with no avail, then found this thread)

Jack

Resized Image
"the expression, 'atonal music,' is most unfortunate--it is on a par with calling flying 'the art of not falling,' or swimming 'the art of not drowning.'. A. Schoenberg
Go to top
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
Deleted (Raziel pointed out my sillyness )

Edited by Jack on 2007/10/21 22:47:37
Resized Image
"the expression, 'atonal music,' is most unfortunate--it is on a par with calling flying 'the art of not falling,' or swimming 'the art of not drowning.'. A. Schoenberg
Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
@Jack

Hmm, it's "Free for all"

Goto "Settings" (bottom right, under the newest threads
and save it to display all threads

People are dying.
Entire ecosystems are collapsing.
We are in the beginning of a mass extinction.
And all you can talk about is money and fairytales of eternal economic growth.
How dare you!
– Greta Thunberg
Go to top
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
@Raziel

[embarassed]Hmmm, silly me[/embarassed], Thanks

Resized Image
Go to top

Register To Post