Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me



Lost Password?

Register now!

Sections

Who's Online
453 user(s) are online (189 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 3
Guests: 450

Chris, walkero, LiveForIt, more...

Support us!

Headlines

 
  Register To Post  

Audio cds
Home away from home
Home away from home


See User information
Is it possible to get the freedb/cddb file from the filename of an audio cd? The audio cd on wb give a name.. example: audiocd_0a00048e56. Can this information be used to finding the corerct freedb file for this music cd? Or how is this solved?

X5000
Go to top
Re: Audio cds
Quite a regular
Quite a regular


See User information
If you set the proper tooltypes in PlayCD, it will fetch the CDDB file for you.

I have a directory reserved for CDDB files and I use these PlayCD tooltypes:


DOSDEV=CD0
(DEVICE=scsi.device)
(UNIT=2)
(SKIP=???)
(PEEKTIME=333333)
(PUBSCREEN=<public screen name>)
(BUFMEMTYPE=1)
USECDDB
URL=http://freedb.org:80/~cddb/cddb.cgi
(PROXY=)
USER=xxxx@yyyy.com
CACHEDIR=Caches:CDDB
LISTSIZE=10
USEAHI

"USER" has to be an email address. It doesn't have to be real, any address will do. I use an old address from the dial-up days, but it still works, even though the company folded 15 years ago.

cheers
tony
Go to top
Re: Audio cds
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away


See User information
I think the volume name is related to the memory address of its process (and thuis unrelated to the disc-id), but I'm not sure.

The CDDB file is named with the disc-id, which is calculated from some information about the disc; the number of tracks, the total length, and the lengths of the two first tracks, IIRC. You can find exact info on the freedb.org site, e.g. in this file: http://ftp.freedb.org/pub/freedb/misc/freedb_howto1.07.zip

Best regards,

Niels

Go to top

  Register To Post

 




Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 2 ( 0 members and 2 Anonymous Users )




Powered by XOOPS 2.0 © 2001-2024 The XOOPS Project