Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!

Sections

Who's Online
70 user(s) are online (35 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 0
Guests: 70

more...

Headlines

Register To Post  

Shadow Of The Beast for PS4 (just a though)
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

See User information
Maybe most of you, already know that Beast will be available for the new Playstation 4 as a new remake of this great classic game for Amiga..

I was wondering what would happen if Sony will include the classic Beast game.. Obviously the game is property of Sony (Sony own Psygnosis) but what about the emulation? If Sony will include the classic Amiga game, it will require an emulation and it will be free (UAE) but it needs the original kickstart files to run and the rights for the kickstart files are property of Hyperion..

So Hyperion could gain a lot of money from the rights of the kickstart files?? would it be possible??

Go to top
Re: Shadow Of The Beast for PS4 (just a thought)
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
Is Pinball Fantasies and Pinball Dreams on the PS3 / PSP Mini done via emulation? I'd be interested in knowing. I wouldn't think the PSP could handle full framerate. Perhaps they had the source.

Go to top
Re: Shadow Of The Beast for PS4 (just a though)
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
They wouldn't have to emulate an Amiga in order to include the original game.

They would just have to port it to the PS4. It wouldn't take them terribly long to do. They have all the art assets, and the original came out on the Amiga, Atari ST, Amstrad CPC, C-64, Spectrum, SNES, Genesis, Master System, Lynx, FM-Towns, and Turbografx CD, so the thing is obviously pretty portable.

Go to top
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
Or they could patch (the game, Sony isn't known for getting involved in open source right?) or buy (license), whichever is more convenient.

Go to top
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

See User information
My thought is all ports from old games should include a classic original game emulated or patched or whatever just that it looks and behaves like the original one. I will probably get the game, if its not that great ill wait for the price to get down. I just hope the feel of the music is like the old one. Ofcourse modern with more channels, effects etc.

Go to top

Register To Post