Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!

Sections

Who's Online
113 user(s) are online (83 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 4
Guests: 109

trixie, jarokuczi, AmigaSociety, sailor, more...

Headlines

Register To Post  

« 1 ... 4 5 6 (7) 8 9 10 11 »
Re: Initial steps with AmiFig 3.0 on aos4, version #2
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
@kas1e

OK, I'll have a look at the GUI when I can get it to run. The version on OS4Depot crashes with a null pointer, I'm sure you know that already.

cheers
tony
Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
@tonyw

Nope, i not know that. For now it works for everyone except mr2 (when he trying to type a text), and for 328gts (when he just trying to run it). How it crashes for you, and did you have all latest stuff (os4.1update2, last libs and as usual) ? Did you delete old prefs, install all in new directory and so on ? It crashes for you from first run, or while you use program ?

I will build today a new version, with debug info, so, you can send me your crashlog too.

Or maybe you even can check the code on SF, and found where your NULL pointer bug happens ?

ps. did you fix your problems with lodepaint ? (i answer you in the mail that you need update your SDL library).

Join us to improve dopus5!
AmigaOS4 on youtube
Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
@ALL

New version in upload query on os4 depot. Remember that almost all of work done by Yannick, i only add mouse wheel-support and fix few little typos. Also xenic help pretty much (As well as trixie and saimo79 and all others :) )

So, new since last release:

General ones:

-- Corrected misinterpretation of relative coordinates,
-- Corrected handling of default stroke colors
-- Conversion of inkscape/sodipodi figures is now ok
-- gradient fill is converted to black
-- Added menu entry for importing SVG through svg2fig
-- Added free hand drawing mode for polyline/polygon/spline using the middle mouse button)
-- Renamed correctly middle/right mouse button function pointers
-- Added fields in preference for SVG import and free hand drawing and upped up revision
-- Created temporary missCat.h file to store message strings missing from catalog
-- Added key action for freehand drawing (Left ALT)
-- Added panning (CTRL + Left mouse button)
-- Started work for speed improvment in AA mode. Right now if only one part of the display is corrupted, it is redrawn without AA (a hit on R refreshs the whole display)
-- Improved freehand drawing behaviour, distance between points is the relative to zooming factor
-- removal of drawing artifacts on border of display while panning with AA enabled
-- Correction for line drawing corruption especially when zooming in and out
-- Better scrolling for low speed display
-- Tuned a bit pan and free hand drawing feature behaviour
-- Other small bug-fixes

AOS4 related changes:

-- Reworked totally zoom window, works ok on OS4 now and added zoom factor gadget.
-- Added support of mouse-wheel for zoom in/out (for now, it works while active those windowses: attribute, toolbar, mode, font, zoom).
-- Fixed all the problems with loosing of decorations on custom screen, now, with clonning or when you choice any mode, it will have the same look as your WB.

Also i compile that version with including debug information (for better bugs-catching), so, at this moment binary a bit huge. But all who have any bugs, can now send me GR outputs via PM and i will check where bugs is happenes.

Enjoy !

@samo79
there is now icon for directory and latest catalogs (i hope:) )

AmigaOS4 on youtube
Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
@kas1e

Icon is ok, but catalogs doesn't work at all in this revision, i try also putting them on sys:locale but it's the same, what is changed ?

Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
@samo79

I think i suck, and i forget to replace by new catalogs, sorry, will do it today and reupload agan.

AmigaOS4 on youtube
Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
@kas1e

no problem

Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
@samo79

Hm, looks like it have latest catalog. Can you compare it byself (i.e. its the same what you have, or different). If its the same, then some bugs with catalogs are here again. I remember that we fix one bug, which was in AmiFIG_Cat.c file , there was filed "screen mode" with symbol "t" at the end, so, we remove it , and maybe that cause a problem, dunno ..

AmigaOS4 on youtube
Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
@kas1e

Mmmm my local version is:

version $VER: AmiFIG.catalog 1.4 (16.09.2010)

The same version are into the archive

version $VER: AmiFIG.catalog 1.4 (16.09.2010)

I can't compare string by string but it could work altrough with an old or incorrect/outdate versions, so problem is not here but must be somethings during the loading catalog code

Go to top
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
@samo79

You have to regenerate the catalog has it has been upped up to rev 2 after the latest add-ons

Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
@YannickAros

Hi Yannick

Ok i'll try, wait a little

Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
@YannickAros

I regenerate it but nothing change, French catalog have the same problem so only built-in english works ...

Edited by samo79 on 2010/9/18 19:46:41
Go to top
Re: Initial steps with AmiFig on aos4, version #7
Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

See User information
@kas1e

Ok, quick test:

Zoom window works OK.
The small problem with opening settings is gone...

Fontsettings window doesnt open at all (from the menu and from Attributes window). When I change GUI font (in settings) to bigger one, AmiFIG is unable to draw windows but when I change GUI font to smaller one, Fontsettings window appears and I can choose font.
Unfortunately, immediate guru when trying to type text.

Edited by mr2 on 2010/9/19 7:46:51
CD32/A500/A600/A600+Furia/A1200/A4000D+A2320+PiccoloSD64/Sam440 flex 800MHz RAM 1GB HD7750 128MB OS4.1 SBLive! ->
Go to top
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
@kas1e

I have the latest betatest system here. I have never loaded or run AmiFig before.
I have no third party libraries (it's a clean OS4.1 system) , so if AmiFig depends on a third party lib and crashes because of the lack of it, that may be the problem.

Since the binary on OS4Depot was unstripped, all the debug info was in it anyway. The crashlog showed a null pointer reference and named the function and its offset. I'll try the new version and see what happens.

As to LodePaint, I have received no email from you. It may be my spam filter - could you copy the email to me by pm?

cheers
tony
Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
@mr2
Quote:

Fontsettings window doesnt open at all (from the menu and from Attributes window). When I change GUI font (in settings) to bigger one, AmiFIG is unable to draw windows but when I change GUI font to smaller one, Fontsettings window appears and I can choose font.
Unfortunately, immediate guru when trying to type text.

Gm. Sounds strange .. But send me new crashlog, maybe it will show something.

@tonyw
Quote:

Since the binary on OS4Depot was unstripped, all the debug info was in it anyway. The crashlog showed a null pointer reference and named the function and its offset. I'll try the new version and see what happens.

But because it was compiled without -g , that offsets not give me much (i cant use addr2line, for see where exactly bug happens). But with new binary, i can do that (if you will send me crash log). The libraryes which are used by amifig are that ones:

locale.library
dos.library
asl.library
layers.library
intuition.library
graphics.library
gadtools.library
diskfont.library
reqtools.library
utility.library
datatypes.library
icon.library
workbench.library

For example on morphos, NULL pointer bug offten happens when library are not present. But imho, all those libraryes are default os4 setup ? And in code (as i can see) we have all those "ifs" which check if library was opens or not.. Maybe for you some library not present, and amifig tryes to exit and give bugs..

Anyway, send me a new crashlog.

ps. I send you PM about LodePaint.

AmigaOS4 on youtube
Go to top
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
@kas1e

AFAIK the "reqtools.library" is not part of the OS distribution, but third party.

X1000|II/G4|440ep|2000/060|2000/040|1000
Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
@cha05e90
Very possible that mr2 and tonyw not have that library, and while for one it give exit on the begining, for other one it start by some luck, and crashes on text input. Because tonyw have betatester system, i think he have some new additional checking in os4, and because of it it "exit" for him, but not that checking for mr2 (public release of OS), and programm starts, and then later it give crash.

@mr2, tonyw
Try plz to install reqtools.library from os4depot.

@328gts
When i remove reqtools.library fromlibs: , i have the same crashlog as you send me. So, install it from os4depot.

There is bad exit from programm then while some library not presend. I think we need add window message which will say "you dont have that library" and do correct exit.

Edited by kas1e on 2010/9/19 11:23:31
AmigaOS4 on youtube
Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
@anyone_who_have_problems_with_amifig

Download plz that binary (its only binary, so you need all the other files from last release on os4depot), I add fix on correct exit (when something was wrong on initialisation), and add code which will spawn for you a warning-reaction-based-window with words about what you dont have. Everyone who have problems, try it plz.

Also install the last reqtools.library from os4depot (to be sure, that you have not something wrong/old). That library which on os4depot are 68k itself, but have additional clue (.main) file which make that library works (so, copy boch files, not only reqtools.library).

@mr2
I think that pretty possible, that you have only reqtools.library (without clue file), and while it start it still crashes. For me it loos like this:

Quote:

reqtools.library v.39.3 , size: 56.644
reqtools.l.main , size: 9.788

AmigaOS4 on youtube
Go to top
Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

See User information
@kas1e

The problem was I didn't have reqtools.l.main installed. I can write text now, no guru...

Still some problems with the windows. AmiFIG doesn't open Fontsettings window until I change GUI font to smaller one or save a config file. Sometimes refuses to open Preferences window. After saving config file I have to move mouse pointer on the Settings->Edit twice to open preferences.

CD32/A500/A600/A600+Furia/A1200/A4000D+A2320+PiccoloSD64/Sam440 flex 800MHz RAM 1GB HD7750 128MB OS4.1 SBLive! ->
Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
@mr2

Ha, i right now edit my post about, and you answer that problem exactly because of that :) Good that it was solved.

Quote:

After saving config file I have to move mouse pointer on the Settings->Edit twice to open preferences.

About that "twice" pressing i reported to Yannick few times already, he just not have time to fix it for now i think (or forget). The same bug happenes for example when you will go to font window, pressing font gadget (to choice the font), and press ok/chancle/etc will give you the same "2 times" behaviour. But i think he will easyly fix it later.

AmigaOS4 on youtube
Go to top
Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

See User information
@kas1e

"Twice pressing" is not a big problem. Good that Guru has gone...

It looks that AmiFIG GUI doesn't like 16 pts (or bigger) fonts. It is ok when I change it to 15 pts or smaller and save the config.

EDIT. When I deleted figprefs file there is no "twice pressing" problem with Settings->Edit

Go to top

Register To Post
« 1 ... 4 5 6 (7) 8 9 10 11 »