Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!

Sections

Who's Online
231 user(s) are online (126 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 0
Guests: 231

more...

Headlines

Register To Post  

« 1 ... 6 7 8 (9) 10 11 12 ... 33 »
Re: New Games possible?
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
@kas1e

Thank you :)

Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
@ALL
Uploaded here: supertux_binary_0.6.2a.

You need to download datafile for game (i upload only binary, because data files are huge, about 100 mb packed). Here you can download any archive for any OS, and just extract Data directory somethere and put binary in the directoy where you will have that Data directory.

If you will setup WB to 16 bit, switch game to 640x480, turn off music/sound, then on more or less fast cpu (1ghz) it can be playable about 15 fps. But of course no fan, and un-enjoement.

Very possible , that it so slow because of software emulated functions of our opengl (transformation, clipping and lighting), and because of it it load cpu at 100% and slow. Faster CPU (1.8) should help here for sure (even with our current opengl realisation).

@SpotUP
Penguin Racer its the same as TuxRacer ? If yes, then it use TCL (not just for configure and creating of makefiles, but also in code itself, by these tcl functions like Tcl_AppendResult, Tcl_GetInt and so on). All in all maybe it possible to port TCL library ?

Edited by kas1e on 2010/8/23 20:03:49
Join us to improve dopus5!
AmigaOS4 on youtube
Go to top
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
@kas1e

I like this game very much, good to see it available for AOS4.

When I played it in my Debian machine (AMD Turion X2 1.6, Radeon X1250. Not a beast but good enough for most stuff), sometimes it crawled after some minutes playing. Less than 10 FPS I think (800x600 fullscreen screenmode). Can't test it now because the version in Debian testing is not working.

PowerBook 5.2 MorphOS 3.15
PowerBook 5.8 MorphOS 3.17
Amiga 1200 BPPC/BVision AOS4.1 FE
Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
@emeck
Well, then everything correct. Its just want normal speed and normal opengl. Then lets wait for x1000, where many thinks will be clean :)

AmigaOS4 on youtube
Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
@kas1e

Link seems broken, please can you check it ?

Go to top
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information

Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
@samo79

Yep, fixed :)

@SpotUP

Tryed T1 Car Racing Simulation : it want Xi and Xum libraries, and as i found, its some crapo-delphy related libs, which are not free (if i not miss something) Dunno, but that is it ?

AmigaOS4 on youtube
Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
@kas1e

Thanks

Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
TORCS is another good racing game that use PLIB, it needs:

* Hardware accelerated OpenGL
* GLUT 3.7.
* Or FreeGlut (better for full screen support than GLUT).
* PLIB 1.8.5 version.
* OpenAL.
* libpng and zlib.

http://torcs.sourceforge.net/

A few screens:

Resized Image
Resized Image
Resized Image

Go to top
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
@samo79

Oh yes,great.More new stuff for us

Amiga600/Vampire2/PrismaMegaMix​/32GB CF Card/2x Rys Mk2/A604n/IndivisionECS/Gotek
Go to top
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
@kas1e

These OS4 Depot game ports.

I guess the answer is probably 'no, not yet' - but do they come with an installer that automatically downloads associated data files from the hosting site?

Perhaps as you do more and ports this is something you could think about incorporating into each game. Once you have programmed one installer routine for one game it should become easier over time to implement the same thing in the rest of your ports.

Keep it up, hopefully soon I will get in enjoy all your hard work. :)

Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
@djrikki

Quote:

I guess the answer is probably 'no, not yet' - but do they come with an installer that automatically downloads associated data files from the hosting site?

Perhaps as you do more and ports this is something you could think about incorporating into each game. Once you have programmed one installer routine for one game it should become easier over time to implement the same thing in the rest of your ports.

That is the last, less and very small problem all in all :) Usually when i (or not only i) upload only binary on the os4depot, in readme i (and others) always point where and what should be downloaded. But making auto-installer which will download data, extract and put to right dir , it's just annoing and monotone work which will grab time, which (time) better spend on one more game in compare :)

@samo79
I downloaded sources of TORCS, they looks pretty fine (plib there again uses only by SSG and SG modules as in STK, and for sound there is OpenAL). Code also looks more or less fine, without usage of shaders (as far as i can see).

So will try to port this one too.

AmigaOS4 on youtube
Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
@kas1e

That's an awesome news as this is one of the best (open source) racing game game out there.

BTW I don't have many doubt regarding portability, my concern is about the speed :-/

finger crossed ...

Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
@samo79

Bad news : i trying to compile linux sources, and its very heavy based on X11, it want GLX (gl extension for x11, then plain X11 fucntions like XOpenDisplay, and some ohter X11 only libs).

Maybe, not bad idea will be trying to check windows sources, but, very possible that there will be the same heavy based stuff on win32 (like winMain, all those HANDLE and so on). But to be sure need to check (downloading).

AmigaOS4 on youtube
Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
@kas1e

That's sad

There is also an OSX version, maybe if Windows version failed too (and you have the time) take a look also on it ...

Go to top
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
@kas1e

Any luck with Egoboo?

Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
@Joeled
Only downloading win32-source of Torcs right now (those suckers put everything in one package, so for downloading win32 sources i need download the whole archive with all that data inside, which about 200mb).

AmigaOS4 on youtube
Go to top
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
@kas1e

Yeah I realise the best of your time is probably spent coding. But for a non-amigan an installer that downloads X, Y and Z to the correct locations is common-place.

Does AmigaOS' standard installer even have download support/unix curl or variant?

Go to top
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
@kas1e

I got this info on their forum.
As long as you have PhysFS for the Amiga OS4, you should be fine.

Source is the linux download.

Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
@Joeled
You talk about Egoboo ?

@DjRikki
Dunno about any GUI installer , but for sure we have curl/wget and alt, so everyone can write a gui for.

AmigaOS4 on youtube
Go to top

Register To Post
« 1 ... 6 7 8 (9) 10 11 12 ... 33 »