Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!

Sections

Who's Online
82 user(s) are online (52 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 0
Guests: 82

more...

Headlines

Register To Post  

« 1 2 3 (4) 5 6 »
Re: RunInUAE alpha integration with Workbench (double-click 68k game)
Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

See User information
@ChrisH

is support for iGame included in this release? Not that I'm in any kind of a hurry, just asking. Thx for continuing your work with it!

Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
@Vulture
No iGame support yet. But now that I've hopefully got the major problems fixed, I'll look at it.

Author of the PortablE programming language.
Go to top
Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

See User information
@ChrisH

:)

Go to top
Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

See User information
On a different note:

everything I've tried so far to save a state hasn't worked. Which is the key combination for that? ctrl + alt + numpad key = nothing

Any idea? Thx!

EDIT: I'm refering to quicksave/quickload , regular one works ok.

Edited by Vulture on 2010/2/21 11:02:59
Edited by Vulture on 2010/2/21 14:22:50
Go to top
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
What can i say Chris!!! I installed RunInUAE at my OS4.1.1 powered mA1 and it works like a treat. I think that it's one of those apps that should help OS4.X become more friendly to ex amigans. Really, i mean it, and although E-UAE alone did the job until some time ago, now it's like having your old amiga integrated in the new hardware and that makes me really happy. Piece of cake.

And one question by BTW. How can i run HDF under RunInUAE? Is there anything special to be done? Cheers

Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
@portarinos
Thanks for the kind words! Regarding HDF, look at the last entry under the "Tips, tricks & trouble-shooting" chapter. (Should say "How can I run HDF games?")

@Vulture
I've only just looked at iGame, but I think it should be fixable. I'm afraid I never saved/loaded state with E-UAE (I didn't know it was even supposed to be implemented outside WinUAE. Would be *very* useful for playing Cybercon3!).

Go to top
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
@ChrisH
You ba%^&#d. Do you know how much time I have wasted loading old crap games! Thanks for the good ones!

ace

Go to top
Re: RunInUAE alpha: Run any 68k game by double-clicking it!
Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

See User information
@ChrisH

thats great :)

about saves, ctrl-alt-f5 saves fine and ctrl-alt-shift-f5 loads also fine, but they popup requesters. Supposedly , it'd work for the os4 version the key combo I mentioned for qload-qsave , but it seems it doesn't. Not too important of course....

Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
@all
I have now made the ninth alpha release (please use the download link in the first post). Changes include:

* Now correctly emulates WHDLoad being run from the Shell, so iGame now works. This required a quite a few changes to support, so please report if you notice any new bugs!

* The window's close gadget now hide's RunInUAE instead of quitting it.

* Fixed the AppIcon not appearing in certain cases.

* Got rid of "Found disk" messages for ADFs.

* Added "DONOTWAIT" tootype to RunInUAE's icon. So it can now be run from the WbStartup without an annoying message on start-up.

* Some other minor fixes & changes.

@acefnq
Glad to be of service

Edited by ChrisH on 2010/2/25 16:51:04
Go to top
Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

See User information
@ChrisH

Can't thank you enough! I'll try it tonight :)

Go to top
Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

See User information
@ChrisH

Just to let you know it work perfectly fine here! Really, whoever has whdload games should install RunInUAE and iGame and automate classic amiga gameplaying. Just awesome!

Go to top
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
It seems that the background option is not working when you lauch runinuae first time after each boot.

I've got problems when i launch games after tried one : a window named whdload pop up

(I translate from my language but it must be something like that :)

Run : Can not open rerouting file
Run : error code 10

SAM Flex 800 1Go / XJFS /KinCon
(i don't have time to test the alpha before this one : maybe the problem was already here)

Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
@shadowsun Quote:
I've got problems when i launch games after tried one : a window named whdload pop up

I need more information. For example:
* Is this whdload window appearing in UAE or OS4?
* And at what stage does this window appear? e.g. before/after UAE starts.
* Which game(s) have the problem?
* Are those WHDLoad games, or what?
* Are you double-clicking them from Workbench?
* Do you have other games which work using RunInUAE?
* Which version of E-UAE are you using?
* Did you use an Amiga Forever CD with RunInUAE's installer?
* Have you tried the "Basic Workbench" mode?
etc

Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
@all
I have now made the tenth alpha release (please use the download link in the first post). Changes include:

* Added AGA support for ADF games. Automatically enabled when the file or folder name contains the word AGA.
NOTE: You MUST replace your existing .uaerc_RunInUAE file during installation, or it will boot Workbench instead!
* Easily create/edit a per-game config file, by simply dropping the game on RunInUAE's window!
* The Frame Skip setting can now be saved - for each game!

* Now more reliably remembers whether E-UAE is running ADFs or HD-installed games.
* Dropping a WHDLoad game on RunInUAE's window now gives an appropriate message.
* Games using IconX scripts can now be dropped on RunInUAE's window for configuration, without first needing to have been run once.
* Choosing an E-UAE menu option will now warn you if E-UAE is not running.
* The AppIcon should now be properly unsnapshotted.

Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
@all
I'm hoping that this release meets just about everyone's needs. Specifically:

* ADF-based games can now use AGA very easily, if required.

* AGA games typically need a frame skip of 1 or 2 on my Sam. Setting this was already easy (from the RunInUAE menu), but now it can be stored very easily too, so you only need to set it once

* And for slightly more advanced users, it is also now a LOT easier to create a per-game E-UAE config. Just drop the game onto RunInUAE's window, and it will ask whether you want to create one. (You still need to be familiar with E-UAE's config options, but you no-longer need to worry about what it must contain for it to work with RunInUAE.)

For example, there is a HDF version of Deluxe Galaga AGA. I can double-click the HDF to mount it. Then double-click on Deluxe Galaga's icon, and it runs, but slowly. Then for the first time only: Switch back to RunInUAE's window on Workbench, use the menu "E-UAE > Set frame skip to > 2" to get it to run at full speed, and then finally use the menu "E-UAE > Save frame skip" to store it, so I never need to set it again. (Who needs custom "Helpers" when it's this easy?:)

It's also worth mentioning that the Basic Workbench mode means that games start a lot quicker (as Workbench does not have to load).

Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
@all
I have now made the eleventh alpha release (please use the download link in the first post). Changes include:

* HD-installed games would not run if it's file/folder name had spaces in it. Introduced in alpha 9, now fixed.

* Updated manual.

Go to top
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
@ChrisH

Single-click on RunInUAE in AmiDock to open it. Click close-gadget. Program remains iconified. Click in AmiDock again. 80000003, DSI.

Go to top
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
@ChrisH

Great work

ADF Games with ESC/OCS works perfect
ADF Games with AGA is a little bit too slow
WHDLoad i get everytime a timeout.Where can i check this?

Amiga600/Vampire2/PrismaMegaMix​/32GB CF Card/2x Rys Mk2/A604n/IndivisionECS/Gotek
Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
@tommysammy Quote:
ADF Games with AGA is a little bit too slow

Set Frame Skip to 1 or 2 from the Settings menu.

Quote:
WHDLoad i get everytime a timeout.Where can i check this?

Do you ever see Workbench start in E-UAE? If not, then must be some installation problem - did you use an Amiga Forever CD, or supply your own Workbench/Kickstart files?

If Workbench DOES load, but is just taking longer than RunInUAE expects, then increase the timeout using the "Settings > E-UAE time out" menu option (of RunInUAE's window). If that doesn't help, then try enabling "Basic Workbench mode" from the Settings menu. Please let me know what (if anything) fixes the problem.

@MickJT Quote:
Single-click on RunInUAE in AmiDock to open it. Click close-gadget. Program remains iconified. Click in AmiDock again. 80000003, DSI.

Ah, I can reproduce this thanks. Starting RunInUAE a second time causes it to start E-UAE on it's own (to boot Workbench), and there seems some new bug related to this.

If you want to unhide/uniconify RunInUAE, then double-click it's AppIcon (or use the Exchange commodity, or a user-defined hot key).

Go to top
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
@ChrisH

I don^t have seen the workbench 3.1 screen .I had installed it with Amigaforever 2009

I will try it again and report it later

Amiga600/Vampire2/PrismaMegaMix​/32GB CF Card/2x Rys Mk2/A604n/IndivisionECS/Gotek
Go to top

Register To Post
« 1 2 3 (4) 5 6 »