Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!

Sections

Who's Online
221 user(s) are online (139 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 1
Guests: 220

ktadd, more...

Headlines

Register To Post  

Jack Donation Database
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
Hello,

The Jack Donation Database has now been updated remotely.

The community can now make donations on the following newly added software packages directly from the Jack App Store, interestingly all these below are by Chris Young of Unsatisfactory Software as I've been focusing solely on the QT submissions.

* Meteostation
* Hotot
* Easy Image Sizer

I would love to add the following Developers to the donation database. If you are on this list and can accept donations via PayPal please PM me on Amigans stating your paypal email address, your preferred currency and the name/url of your best os4depot uploads. The user can determine their own level of donation.

* Spot Up
* Alfkil Wennermark

--------------

All developers are welcome on the database, if you aren't mentioned above please PM me with your paypal email address, preferred currency and your best os4depot uploads.. preferably in the following format:

http://www.os4depot.net/share/video/misc/clipgrab.lha

^.^ Love this btw ;)

--------------

Since this feature was added to the AppStore I have had positive feedback from developers who have already accepted donations via this route including myself. Thank you.

Edited by djrikki on 2013/8/30 0:29:48
Go to top
Re: Jack Donation Database
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
Resized Image

Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
Is yesterday's version still the same slow when it come to opening some windowses and scrolling in them with content ? Is loading of program have some speed up at least now and didn't take minute for ? I mean, is it usable now and that good as you promote it ?

Join us to improve dopus5!
AmigaOS4 on youtube
Go to top
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
@kas1e

I have none of these issues, all windows are MUI so scrolling content is instanteous. You might find the Applications tab taking a while to open as I moved the time consuming startup code there instead. This can be sped up by removing links to Apps you no longer use/have installed either through the interface or cleaning up your APPDIR directory. If you have several thousand entries the Applications tab will try and find and load an icon to represent it.

Go to top
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
There are several filters in place to speed up the process, especially on first use, eg. All old or not found apps are permanently removed, also any launched apps that originate from CDs, USBs, Virtual Floppies are removed too.
There are further on screen filters that the user can deploy, e.g. ignore System Drive or even turn off icons altogether.

Go to top
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

See User information
@djrikki

I have replied to your problem report for ClipGrab on OS4Depot.
Could you give me more infos (requested in OS4Depot thread), please ?

Thanks

Go to top
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
Thank you zzd10h, I will add a selection of your apps on OS4Depot to the database as soon as possible.

Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
@Djrykki
i test it before without anything else i do, just unpacking and installing. and issues come up right after reboot and once i start to play with windowses. for first, really slow loading. even qt based apps with all that huge sobjes loads faster. then in some windowses scrolling was ultra slow. i cant just grab scrollbar of them and move fast in different directions. liading of some pages which i already visit takes also a lot of time. some pages didnt loads even more than after minute. i.e it just slow everything else as said in another thread. after few days i can try latest version and write about all problems but there really so many, and its not good as you promote it all the time.

there to be need everything faster, asyncronic, less bloated by including every kind of functionality to just one program.. if you brave enough, i will test it again soon, and throw there

Join us to improve dopus5!
AmigaOS4 on youtube
Go to top
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
Thank you Guillaume, a selection of your finest qt application ports are now available on the Jack AppStore ready to accept donations.

Go to top
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

See User information
DjRikki,
thank you but I don't want donations for the Qt ports.

For my own program, sure, with pleasure.

But for Qt, it must be redirected to the original authors or to Alfkill.

Thank you to make the modifications

Go to top
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
Please clarify which applications you want to be applicable, os4depot only returns Qt for you being the submitter.

Go to top
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

See User information
Ah yes, sorry.
i have 2 names on OS4Depot, one for Qt port and one for my really own apps.

My own programs are ( submitter Guillaume Boesel (zzd10h) )

SysMon
FastView
FastCompress
NetDock
AttachMail
FlipPaper
CutePiano

And I took Guillaume 'zzd10h' Boesel for the Qt port (except CutePiano, a Qt program that I made myself)

Sorry for the complication :)

Go to top
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
@zzd10h:
sorry for Offtopic: it is possible to add a drive Benchmark to Sysmon?
All in one was nice to have :)

Go to top

Register To Post