Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!

Sections

Who's Online
207 user(s) are online (142 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 0
Guests: 207

more...

Headlines

Register To Post  

« 1 (2)
Re: Installing & running classic software in few clicks
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
to all Deluxe Galaga AGA lovers like me, the glUAE helper runs great on my Samflex@800 and I had no luck at all with RunINUAE or EasyUAE to get this game going before..though to be fair to RunInUAE Chris did mention that it was geared for ECS/OCS games

mancave-ramblings

Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
@328gts
I just tried Deluxe Galaga AGA with RunInUAE, and it worked fine for me.

The only issue was that the sound/movement was "jerky". Changing framerate to 3 fixed that. So you need a "per drawer" config file (which is copy of the main .uaerc_RunInUAE file) with the following line added:

gfx_framerate=3

BTW, the next release of RunInUAE will have a menu that allows you to change the framerate "on the fly", without the need for any config file.

Quote:
though to be fair to RunInUAE Chris did mention that it was geared for ECS/OCS games

This is not entirely correct: Yes, *floppy disk* AGA games won't work (unless you create a per-game config file that specifies AGA). But harddisk installed AGA games (like Deluxe Galaga) should work (although you just might find some of them jerky line Deluxe Galaga).

Author of the PortablE programming language.
Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
@ChrisH

I really don't like messing with E-UAE in general and I guess that's why I always avoided it in the past but now that we have a few great options I am enjoying it very much....glUAE just worked for me right off the bat and it was sooo simple to install

mancave-ramblings

Go to top
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
@all

The updated list reads as follows:
* Alien Breed Tower Assault (AGA) [ADF/IPF/WHDLoad]
* All Terrain Racing [ADF]
* Arcade Pool [ADF/IPF]
* Banshee [DOS]
* Benefactor [ADF]
* Deluxe Galaga [DOS]
* Follia NBA [DOS]
* Katakis [ADF/WHDLoad]
* Kick Off 2 CV [ADF]
* Lionheart [ADF]
* Lotus Turbo Challenge 2 [ADF/WHDLoad]
* R-Type [ADF/WHDLoad]
* Sensible World of Soccer 96-97 [ADF/WHDLoad]
* Shadow Fighter (ECS) [ADF/WHDLoad]
* Slam Tilt [DOS]
* Super Stardust [WHDLoad]
* Superfrog [ADF/IPF/WHDLoad]

Probably you have noticed that there is only one game more (Alien Breed Tower Assault), but the real novelty is that now, wherever possible, more "versions" for the same game are supported: f.ex., Superfrog now can be run from the original IPF images, from ordinary ADF images (in case IPF support is missing) or by means of WHDLoad (in all cases, transparently as always). The helper will let you choose during installation.
Also, helpers have been improved in a variety of ways - the two most important changes are that re-installation can be performed without having to re-download and that, during installation, you can choose whether to keep, store in a different place or discard the documentation that (if any) comes with the downloaded archives.

I'll update the videos soonish, but, in the meanwhile, you can try the example helper, which is completely up-to-date.

EDIT

Videos updated - for your convenience:
* running Superfrog, All Terrain Racing, AMOS Professional and AmigaOS 3.9 with glUAE;
* installing Superfrog with its glUAE helper;
* installing R-Type (and missing tools) with its glUAE helper.
Please note that the videos have been recorded on the fly on the same machine performing the operations, so the frame rate is low, the resolution is small and things happen more slowly than normal.

Edited by saimo on 2010/2/10 18:40:30
Edited by saimo on 2010/2/10 18:46:56
Edited by saimo on 2010/2/10 18:49:56
Go to top

Register To Post
« 1 (2)