Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!

Sections

Who's Online
222 user(s) are online (169 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 1
Guests: 221

davec555, more...

Headlines

Register To Post  

Amiga OS4.1 on PegasosII
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
I've installed os4.1 on my PegII in a dual boot setup with mos2.2 which works nicely, to a point.
I am experiencing some strange behaviour.

1)I get a grim reaper if I try to load the GUI prefs program. I try ignoring dsi errors and continuing the program but it just doesn't load. I got it to work once or twice if I booted from the cd and loaded the program from there. Even that didn't work last time I tried. In the end I edited my GUI prefs on my sam and copied the file over.

2)OWB3.5 seems much more unstable on the Peg compared to the sam, throwing up grim reapers very frequently. Sites that I've used frequently without problems in the past (ebay, Amigaworld.net and this site etc.) with owb on the sam now seem to cause problems. I don't think it's owb itself that's misbehaving but a component of the OS that it uses.

Anyone else have experience of this or any idea what might be causing it?

Go to top
Re: Amiga OS4.1 on PegasosII
Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

See User information
@Ruud

get the crash logs and post them at http://crashlog.os4depot.net/ and then link them here. it will be easier for people in the know to help.

Go to top
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
@derfs

Ok, will do that tomorrow when I'm off work. Thanks.

Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
@Ruud

1)

Try deleting the GUI.prefs file or try restoring the default file from the OS4.1 Install CD.

Oh and yes post the crash log to crashlog.os4depot.net, its where useful for developers.

2)

No idea, maybe you should do a RAM test on your Pegasus II/Sam440ep, there should be no difference between Sam440ep and Pegasus II, unless there is bug in side one of the drivers.

(NutsAboutAmiga)

Basilisk II for AmigaOS4
AmigaInputAnywhere
Excalibur
and other tools and apps.
Go to top
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
@LiveForIt

Thanks for the suggestion!
I copied my gui.prefs file to a different location deleted it from envarc:. Rebooted. GUI prefs loaded fine, loaded the gui.prefs file from it's backup location and saved. Haven't had a grim reaper all morning! OWB3.6 has been 100% stable. I feel a bit stupid that it turned out to be something so simple. I just didn't suspect that a dodgy prefs file could cause that much of a problem.

Go to top
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

See User information
@Ruud

And you are right that it shouldn't crash but hey, there's nothing perfect in this world

Philippe 'Elwood' FERRUCCI
Sam460ex 1.10 Ghz
http://elwoodb.free.fr
Go to top

Register To Post