Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!

Sections

Who's Online
154 user(s) are online (119 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 1
Guests: 153

balaton, more...

Headlines

Register To Post  

no SLB found in any of the designated boot sources: returning to u-boot, what to do?
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
Was about to boot my SAM460EP after a while, and this is the message I faced:

"no SLB found in any of the designated boot sources: returning to u-boot"

I am suspecting the problem would be with HDD, but if I understand the boot text correctly, it seems like it does recognize the HDD, I think when booting it said SATA: found, which I suppose means the HDD.

Anything I can do here? To either get it to work, or to confirm problem is HDD?

I dont have AOS4 on disc or anything, I only have it on this HDD, as I bought this used, so if problem is failed HDD, then not much I can do.

For last years I havent done much inside machines, so I am not sure what I see there anymore.

I opened the machine and checked the one I assume is HDD, unplugged two cords: SATA-cable and powercable I suppose, and replugged them in, in hopes it had been a connection error, but no use.

Any advice what to do?

Go to top
Re: no SLB found in any of the designated boot sources: returning to u-boot, what to do?
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
Re-seat the sata cable on your hdd.

If it happens once in a while/often/repeatedly get new ones.

I had this a lot on my x1000 until I replaced the cables. Seems to be either a flaky connection or "cheap cable syndrome" or a combination of both

People are dying.
Entire ecosystems are collapsing.
We are in the beginning of a mass extinction.
And all you can talk about is money and fairytales of eternal economic growth.
How dare you!
– Greta Thunberg
Go to top
Re: no SLB found in any of the designated boot sources: returning to u-boot, what to do?
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
@Bugala

You need to boot from CDROM, or USB pen drive, and use media toolbox to reinstall SLB into RDB sector, there tools on PC to install CD ISO on pen drives.

https://www.makeuseof.com/tag/10-tools-make-bootable-usb-iso-file/

"Balena Etcher" is extremely popular.

CD ISO you can download from Hyperion, after you have logged in. if you have registered your copy.

Should be included with the machine, or you can transfer owner ship. Or buy a license from ACube systems.

(Not 100% sure if works, if UBOOT only accepts USB CDROM drives, you can also ask ACube-Systems)

(NutsAboutAmiga)

Basilisk II for AmigaOS4
AmigaInputAnywhere
Excalibur
and other tools and apps.
Go to top
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
Thanks for advice.

Appears SATA-cable is not the problem. I switched SATA cables between Cd-rom and Harddisk, and it didnt help, neither did it help to switch their power cables.

Hence I guess my only option is to do as LiveForit suggested, to get AOS4 on a Cd to get it to boot.

Go to top

Register To Post