Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!

Sections

Who's Online
78 user(s) are online (53 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 0
Guests: 78

more...

Headlines

Register To Post  

« 1 ... 7 8 9 (10)
Re: Pegasos2 with RadeonHD/RX via bridge
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
@joerg
Yes I know, maybe my wording was not clear. What GPL prevents is one party turning GPL software into closed source software which is what I really meant by "commercial code", so maybe that's what causes misunderstanding. BSD license has no such restriction so somebody can take it and use it in part or change it and make it closed source, they only cannot claim they wrote it and have to keep copyright messages to acknowledge original developers. GPL also requires to keep the sources free and available for everybody and not use it in code that does not allow the same. So when you substitute commercial code with closed source code that's what I meant but failed to describe properly.

By the way it's not the GPL code that's sold commercially because the code itself is freely available (and cannot be charged more than the fair amount needed to transfer it) but additional services using that code like making distros or providing services based on that code and so on. But GPL software can be developed commercially for sure.

Go to top
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
@kas1e

Quote:
ok# 16 config-l@ 
ok# config-l@ 
ok# . 
646011AB 
ok
#

I think you should only execute config-l@ once, not twice. When you execute it the second time it takes the value that the first execution left on the stack (the result you're trying to see) as the address to report on, which is not what you want (and may be why you're getting strange results). You should just do:

16 config-l@ .

Quote:
(Also realised where did you get 16 for BAR address. Forth is hex by default do dec# 16 is wriiten as 10 in Forth.)

Good point. Forth itself is decimal by default, but OpenFirmware may not be. The value '646011AB' is clearly in hex, so the number '16' is probably taken as hex as well. You could try something like:

20 1 - .

If you get 13 (the value 19 in hex) then the numbers are being interpreted as decimal. If you get 1F then they're being interpreted as hex.

Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
@msteed
Quote:

I think you should only execute config-l@ once, not twice. When you execute it the second time it takes the value that the first execution left on the stack (the result you're trying to see) as the address to report on, which is not what you want (and may be why you're getting strange results). You should just do:

16 config-l@ .

It's strangely return 0, does not matter where i am in : in /pci/ , or in /pci/pci@7 (in bridge), see:

ok cd /pci
ok pwd
/pci@80000000
ok 16 config
-l@ .
ok cd pci
@7
ok pwd
/pci@80000000/pci@7
ok 16 config
-l@ .
ok

At first i think that maybe it's exactly issue in bridge, but then the same happens if i go to any pci based directory, always zero..

Quote:

If you get 1F then they're being interpreted as hex.

Thanks for point, it is Hex:

ok 20 1 - .
1F
ok

Join us to improve dopus5!
AmigaOS4 on youtube
Go to top
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

See User information
@kas1e
With hex you have to use
10 config-l@ .
instead of 16 to get the first BAR.

Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
@Joerg
Same 0 as expected :( (there should be values anyway, even with wrong 16). Question is : what BAR we tried to read with this "16", i mean first BAR of what, if it the same does not matter in what directory (be it root /pci, or /pci/pci@7, or any other pci) happens to be. Like it just general offset of 16 of whole PCI thing, but we need first BAR of the card behind the bridge : how to say/calculate that ?

Edited by kas1e on 2024/4/30 7:55:02
Join us to improve dopus5!
AmigaOS4 on youtube
Go to top

Register To Post
« 1 ... 7 8 9 (10)