Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!

Sections

Who's Online
107 user(s) are online (84 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 0
Guests: 107

more...

Headlines

Register To Post  

« 1 2 3 (4)
Re: qemu and tap network on Windows
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
@whiteQuote:
white wrote:@Hans
well I will evaluate whether to buy the program.

@all
So many users using qemu now

And still no one proving to me that Amicygnix works

By the way who is the author of Amicygnix ?
So I contact him, Thanks.

The user @cygnusEd is the developer of Amicygnix. You can also contact him directly through his HomePage.

https://schwan-clan.de/index.php?lang= ... E_Kontakt.php%3Flang%3Dde

Maybe you can also ask him why the video driver (cybergraphx) shows wrong colors under AmigaCygnix. This mode is very fast under Qemu AmigaOs4.1 but leads to the mentioned problem.

I had already pointed it out on amiga-news, but unfortunately the developer did not respond. It would also solve the problem under WinUae, because there are the same problems, probably also under real hardware.

Resized Image

Resized Image

I am aware that not every developer wants to support an emulation directly, but if AmigaOs4.1 will not be ported to another CPU architecture in the next years, I am sure that in 5-10 years any hardware with Qemu will be faster than real AmigaNG,s and then at least that will remain available to us.

Edited by Maijestro on 2023/8/21 18:05:21
MacStudio ARM M1 Max Qemu//Pegasos2 AmigaOs4.1 FE
Go to top
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
@Hans

Quote:

Good news! I found an easy way to get Filezilla working with ZitaFTP (or any FTP server) when it's behind a NAT router. No code changes needed. Details here:
https://keasigmadelta.com/blog/connect ... a-nat-router-the-easy-way

Very good work, I am impressed how detailed and professional you described it. For me it is important to be able to copy data from host to guest, because under Qemu as well as under real hardware you are otherwise trapped in file transfer under AmigaOs4.1.

Currently I use SMB2 which works fine, but on longer data transfers 300-600 MB the connection breaks down from time to time, I'm not sure if it works better with ZitaFTP or if it's just the network driver RTL8139 under Qemu.

As I mentioned before I find their web based solution with ZitaFTP really very good and modern under AmigaOs4.1. Maybe there will be a stable network driver (VirtIO) for Qemu AmigaOs4.1 someday that will make things run a bit better. ZitaFTP is already a fixed part on my program partition

Thanks for looking into this again and finding a simple solution to the problem.

Go to top
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
@Maijestro

And exactly the opposite on winUAE
"cybergraphx" has the right colors while "picasso96"
gives the wrong colors.
or rather Picasso96 works only in window and is slower.

In addition a small note the "drivers" supplied with AmiCygnix supported different GTK extensions for each selected driver.

For example with "cybergraphx" you can use "Firefox" but not "Opera"
While with other AmiCygnix drivers with supported extensions you can also use "Opera" for example.

clearly this doesn't affect SSH access it just doesn't start the application.

But the problem remains the connection is clear that something is wrong.
But in the end it's just fun with AmigaOS.

I must also add that I was expecting a different coordination with this emulation.
But instead it is segmented and without practical evidence.
Only the operation of the emulated hardware is taken into account.
But many times it is the software using the emulated hardware that solves the problems.
Based on a single configuration or even sharing a simple "virtual hd" privately between users and developers.

This is not piracy if done privately.
But as always for a few euros you get lost along the way.

All that remains is to have fun in private according to your needs.
Without pointing out the difficulties encountered.

Such a pity.

Edited by white on 2023/8/23 17:09:00
Edited by white on 2023/8/24 19:02:21
Go to top
Re: qemu und tippen Sie auf Netzwerk unter Windows
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
@HansQuote:
Hans wrote:@Maijestro

[quote]
Good news! I found an easy way to get Filezilla working with ZitaFTP (or any FTP server) when it's behind a NAT router. No code changes needed.

I just wanted to let you know that your solution/workaround works perfectly with ZitaFTP and FileZilla. Also this license is now mine

One more point I want to mention, when starting ZitaFtp under AmigaOs4.1 it always asks for the partition "Work:", but my partition is called "Workbench:" and every time I have to do an assign. Is there a way to solve this problem?

One last question: Can you give me information if you are working on a GFX driver for Qemu AmigaOs4.1 (virtio-vga) ?

Edited by Maijestro on 2023/9/1 20:45:49
Edited by Maijestro on 2023/9/2 6:16:33
Edited by Maijestro on 2023/9/2 8:09:18
Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
@Maijestro

Quote:
I just wanted to let you know that your solution/workaround works perfectly with ZitaFTP and FileZilla. Also this license is now mine

One more point I want to mention, when starting ZitaFtp under AmigaOs4.1 it always asks for the partition "Work:", but my partition is called "Workbench:" and every time I have to do an assign. Is there a way to solve this problem?

Sorry about that. I found the root cause for that recently, but have yet to publish a bug-fix release.

The workaround for now would be to add the following to S:startup-sequence (before the network-startup is run):
assign Work: SYS:

That should shut it up.

Hans

http://hdrlab.org.nz/ - Amiga OS 4 projects, programming articles and more.
https://keasigmadelta.com/ - more of my work
Go to top
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
@HansQuote:
Hans wrote:@Maijestro
The workaround for now would be to add the following to S:startup-sequence (before the network-startup is run):
assign Work: SYS:

Ok this workaround works. However, I have entered it in the user-startup. You should add this assign to your ZitaFTPServer installer, not everyone names their system partition "Work:".

Thanks for the quick help.

Go to top
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

See User information
@Maijestro
Quote:
Ok this workaround works. However, I have entered it in the user-startup. You should add this assign to your ZitaFTPServer installer, not everyone names their system partition "Work:".
Nobody is using "Work:" for the system partition, but the usual setup is using 2 partitions: The Workbench: (SYS:) partition for the OS, and a Work: partition for other programs and data.

Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
@Maijestro

As Joerg said, AmigaOS commonly has a Work: partition. That's the way all of the machines are/were delivered. ZitaFTP Server uses Work: as a default location for some stuff (e.g., logs), if it exists.

The problem was that the code to suppress those "please insert X" DOS requesters was run too late. By default, the DOS library will pop up that requester if a program touches a non-existent volume/assign. Yes, even if a program just checks if a path exists.

I've fixed this, and the next ZitaFTP Server update won't have this problem any more.

Hans

Go to top
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
@joerg @Hans

Thanks for the explanation I did not know.

@Hans

Under FileZilla the file transfer can be tracked, is something like this also possible with ZitaFTP under AmigaOs4.1 ?

I have already read the readme but found no information about it. Or does ZitaFTP only provide the server under AmigaOs4.1?

Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
@Maijestro

Quote:
Under FileZilla the file transfer can be tracked, is something like this also possible with ZitaFTP under AmigaOs4.1 ?

I have already read the readme but found no information about it. Or does ZitaFTP only provide the server under AmigaOs4.1?

ZitaFTP Server doesn't provide realtime transfer info (except for the status docky). The server doesn't know how big an upload is going to be,** so showing a progress bar for uploads isn't possible.

Hans

** There is an ALLOcate command to tell the server how much space is needed, but I don't know of any FTP client that actually uses it.

Go to top

Register To Post
« 1 2 3 (4)