Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!

Sections

Who's Online
116 user(s) are online (86 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 0
Guests: 116

more...

Headlines

Register To Post  

Time (hardware clock) gap (even after battery change)
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
Maybe someone can shed some light and take away my worries?

Since last month i can see a time gap from booting up the X1000 of roughly 5 hours and 2 minutes from the CFE level to WB.

I use internet time to set the clock straight, but before that is done, the clock is off by above gap.

I had a 2 minute gap for years and never really bothered checking, since everything else was running fine.
I cannot check the battery voltage (using a BR2032 here, which ought to suffer less from drainage over time).

Today i changed the battery with the same model (which was lying around for roughly three years, oxidating about happily) and after the change i get the *exact* same time gap.

I guess it's nothing bad, since nothing (bad) changed during boot (time, lockups, etc.), but maybe someone with more hardware insight could explain why this is happening and help others which will get the same behaviour in the future?

Thanks a lot

People are dying.
Entire ecosystems are collapsing.
We are in the beginning of a mass extinction.
And all you can talk about is money and fairytales of eternal economic growth.
How dare you!
– Greta Thunberg
Go to top
Re: Time (hardware clock) gap (even after battery change)
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

See User information
@Raziel
Quote:
Today i changed the battery with the same model (which was lying around for roughly three years, oxidating about happily) and after the change i get the *exact* same time gap.
Did you use "SetClock RESET" after the battery change? Unless the X1000 clock is very different to the one in other Amigas it wont start working correctly without using that command.

Additionally check your TimeZone (Locale prefs), the HW clock should use UTC and it's changed by IPrefs to current local time for AmigaOS.

Go to top
Re: Time (hardware clock) gap (even after battery change)
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
@joerg

Thank you for the hints

Quote:

Did you use "SetClock RESET" after the battery change? Unless the X1000 clock is very different to the one in other Amigas it wont start working correctly without using that command.

I did not (initially), but did now...it didn't change anything though

Quote:

Additionally check your TimeZone (Locale prefs), the HW clock should use UTC and it's changed by IPrefs to current local time for AmigaOS.

Hmm, it's set to my country, which is 2 hours in advance from GMT (which is the outdated way of saying UTC), so still no idea where that 5 hour gap is coming from.

I even got into "Advanced" and turned off "Always set system time", but to no avail.

I hope there's nothing hardware-wise that is beginning to die...as long as this is all there is, i can live with, as i set my time/date from the router on every boot anyway.

Thank you for the pointers though, appreciated

People are dying.
Entire ecosystems are collapsing.
We are in the beginning of a mass extinction.
And all you can talk about is money and fairytales of eternal economic growth.
How dare you!
– Greta Thunberg
Go to top

Register To Post