Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!

Sections

Who's Online
73 user(s) are online (40 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 0
Guests: 73

more...

Headlines

Register To Post  

« 1 (2)
Re: Help With X5000 Booting/UBoot (plus, general newbie x5000 questions) (SOLVED)
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

See User information
Yes, I believe I mentioned this in another thread (not sure if that was to you, though).

But basically, never set the debug level higher than 4, unless a kernel developer or similar asks you to.

You will drown in useless (for us mortals) debug output.

Best regards,

Niels

Go to top
Re: Help With X5000 Booting/UBoot (plus, general newbie x5000 questions) (SOLVED)
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
Today I found that:

- https://g-a-p.me/inside/x5kbootstick.html is a very good article.
- If serial debugging is enabled to an external machine then the UBOOT menu will immediately continue as if you pressed a button. I happen to have my X5000 eternally connected to a different machine which always runs and captures serial debug output (debuglevel=5). So long as I stop the process from my linux machine, which is basically an eternal "cat /dev/ttyUSB0" then the UBOOT menu will not just flash up and then continue.
- There is no need to put the USB stick in a particular column/row into the back of the X5000 despite what https://wiki.amiga.org/index.php?title=X5000_Emergency_Boot_USB says.

The latter point is very useful because depending on where your X5000 is located, you do not have to crawl behind everything to stick in a USB stick. In my case, I just put it in one of the upper front USB panels.

If liberty means anything at all, it means the right to tell people what they do not want to hear.
George Orwell.
Go to top

Register To Post
« 1 (2)