Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!

Sections

Who's Online
89 user(s) are online (42 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 1
Guests: 88

VooDoo, more...

Headlines

Register To Post  

NetSurf: URL auto-completion based on session history only?
Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

See User information
Chris,

Using the current version of NetSurf (v2.9) I notice that there is no autocompletion based on history beyond the immediate session history. In other words if I type 'amigaworld.net' into the URL bar, then for the remainder of my session, typing the letter 'a' allows me to autocomplete the URL. But if I quit the application and restart, there is no more history, and therefore, no more autocompletion. I have to type the full URL again.

I should point out that history is 'kept' 28 days according to the preferences, but doesn't seem to be. Even URLs in my hotlist don't autocomplete, just those I manually type in, and only for that one session.

Am I doing something wrong here, or is history saving from session to session not fully supported?

-- eliyahu

"Physical reality is consistent with universal laws. When the laws do not operate, there is no reality. All of this is unreal."
Go to top
Re: NetSurf: URL auto-completion based on session history only?
Amigans Defender
Amigans Defender

See User information
Are you seeing previous session history if you open Browser=>Global history?

Go to top
Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

See User information
@Chris

yup. global history checks out fine. the entries and dates are as expected. i should also point out that none of my entries in my hotlist ever appear in the 'hotlist' menu, either. don't know if that's expected or something related or ....

-- eliyahu

"Physical reality is consistent with universal laws. When the laws do not operate, there is no reality. All of this is unreal."
Go to top
Amigans Defender
Amigans Defender

See User information
@eliyahu

Odd. There are two history options saved - the one that works (this is the one that you see in the GUI) and the one that the gtk version uses (which doesn't seem to do anything). You could try deleting your Resources/Options file which will reset both of these.

Global history is the same data that the auto-complete is supposed to search through.

Does it work for you with the 3.0 dev version? (http://ci.netsurf-browser.org builds section)

Hotlist menu is something else - the hotlist entries do not display there by default, it only shows the ones in a "Menu" folder within the hotlist (it's not dynamic either, so you'll need to restart NetSurf to see them after you've done this)

Go to top

Register To Post