Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!

Sections

Who's Online
80 user(s) are online (56 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 0
Guests: 80

more...

Headlines

Register To Post  

Gimp install question
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

See User information
After I select "Proceed" in the Gimp install "Installation Options" window, I get a system requester asking me to insert volume " SDK: ". I aborted the installation at that point. Is the OS4 SDK required for the Gimp installation? I don't initialize my OS4 SDK from the user-startup; I use a script to initialize it when I want to compile a program. Is the Gimp installer going to write files to my OS4 SDK if I initialize it before installing Gimp? I prefer to keep my OS4 SDK seperate from AmiCygnix.

Go to top
Re: Gimp install question
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
@xenic

The SDK is not required. But it seems, that there is a bug in my AmiCygnix software. The command "pkg-config" is used to detect an older version of Gimp and he also searches for "SDK:". I have to remove this in my next update.

If you want to install Gimp, it is safe to click on "cancel", when the requester appears.

Go to top
Re: Gimp install question
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

See User information
@cygnusEd
Thanks for the reply. I just wanted to be sure it wouldn't cause any changes to my SDK or that the install would not be correct if the requester was cancelled. Since it's not a problem, I'll go ahead with my Gimp installation.

Go to top

Register To Post