Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!

Sections

Who's Online
156 user(s) are online (129 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 1
Guests: 155

VooDoo, more...

Headlines

Register To Post  

GCC Compiling on a 1Tb Linux Share
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
Before I start getting back into my AmigaOS development, I wanted to amalgamate all of my projects together into one place on my QNAP NAS Server, whether they be Amiga, Mac, Windows or Web based projects.

This way they're all backed up at regular intervals and I can access source code over the network and if need be, over the internet via SVN.

Now, with everything now in place, I'm trying to compile a simple AmigaOS project over a network share which I've mounted with SMBFS on OS4.1 Update 2.

However, I've come across a problem with GCC which spurts out the following if I try to compile:

Assember messages:
Fatal Error: can't write test.o: No space left on device
Fatal Error: can't close test.o: No such file or directory

So, there's 891Gb left on the server, which leads me to believe the system (either GCC or SMBFS) is falling over because it's over 4Gb.

Does anyone have any experience of dealing with such a situation or am I stuck to checking out over SVN on my local network and recommitting when done?

Does SMBFS need a re-write for OS4.1 to use larger file systems or is GCC at fault here?

Thanks in advance for any help!

Cheers,
Daniel

Go to top

Register To Post