Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!

Sections

Who's Online
40 user(s) are online (27 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 0
Guests: 40

more...

Headlines

Register To Post  

« 1 (2)
Re: Wordworth
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
@Chris

Thanks for those two tips. I hadn't tried Wordworth for a couple of months and last I tried it, I had no visible text when I typed, although the cursor moved OK.

However, setting "PICASSO=TRUE" fixed it immediately.

Thank you.

cheers
tony
Go to top
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

See User information
@Chris

Would it be possible to use my A2000 Amiga keyboard with the SAM?
How is the name of its connector? anyone knows of aan adapter of this connector to USB?

Go to top
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

See User information
@JosDuchIt

No, the Classic Amiga keyboard interface is quite different from others.

You would need a PCI card called CatWeasel and a driver for OS4 for it. Once you have that, all you need is to select the "Amiga keyboard" checkbox in Input Prefs and the correct keyboard layout, and you should have it working in all system-compliant programs.

I used to use an A4000 keyboard under OS4 with a CatWeasel 3 on my AmigaOne XE, but I have grown more accustomed to the PC keyboard with the extra keys by now - and it saves a PCI slot not to use the CatWeasel .

BTW, I think there were also some physical differences between the plugs for A2000 and A4000 keyboards, but they were quite easy to overcome with an adapter.

Best regards,

Niels

Go to top
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

See User information
@nbache
Hello Niels, maybe ''ll buy a catweasle.

In the meantime i fired up my A2000 and looked at the Num lock key.

I found that i had to use 'shift Num lock' to toggle the numeric lock (not alt as suggested. I found also out that (using a Gui4Cli script i wrote Keyscreen.gc quite handy) that the Amiga uses a Vanillma key code 123 qualifier 33025 for this, whereas on the PC keyboard this togggle seems to be hardwired.

I was hoping that i could use scripit ( a splendid program for automating 'legacy' applications (or ported ones) even with no or rudimentary arexx port) to send this keystroke to Wordworth.
Alas at first glance scripit which worked well under Amithlon and UAE does not work under OS4 (Update 2 at least)
The only other (very simple) program i found that could do this is fakekey.lha.It seems it should be started from an arexx script that WW could launch.
I am however not fluent with Arexx and don't know if you can launch a shell command from within an arexx script. Is this possible?

Go to top
Amigans Defender
Amigans Defender

See User information
@JosDuchIt

address command "whatever shell command you want to run"

Go to top

Register To Post
« 1 (2)