Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!

Sections

Who's Online
163 user(s) are online (136 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 2
Guests: 161

Yodaphone, MickJT, more...

Headlines

Register To Post  

varargs.h to stdarg.h
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
Hello all

I decided to dig out a mud codebase I've had for a bit and had compiled years ago on 3.9 with gcc 2.95.3 I believe...

I knew about this transition with varargs.h to stdarg.h but didn't think it would affect me... I've decided I want to compile this codebase under gcc 4.2.4 now...

Now I guess changing this is not as easy as -Dvarargs.h=stdarg.h or am I wrong? lol

As you might of guessed I can't code... but I got reasonably good at compiling mud codebases... just I'm a little rusty and wanting to get back into it...

I was going to post on the adtools mailing list in regards to whether there was any plans to release a 2.95.3 native OS4.x version of gcc... I might have found a reason...

thanks for any insights!

Using install -c to install binaries in ../bin.
Using gcc -E  for preprocessing.
Using gcc          -O2 -fomit-frame-pointer -fstrength-reduce to compile.
Using byacc -d  to make the compiler.
Edit GNUmakefile if this is not what you want

Otherwise
type '/SDK/C/gmake' to build MudOSthen '/SDK/C/gmake install'.
/
2/SWall/src/v21.7gmake
rm 
-f cc.h
echo "/* this file automatically generated by the Makefile */" cc.h
echo '#define COMPILER "gcc"' >> cc.h
echo '#define OPTIMIZE "-O2 -fomit-frame-pointer -fstrength-reduce"' >> cc.h
echo '#define CFLAGS   " -O2 -fomit-frame-pointer -fstrength-reduce"' >> cc.h
echo '#define OBJDIR   "obj"' >> cc.h
gcc  
-o obj/edit_source.-c edit_source.c
In file included from std_incl
.h:111,

from std.h:18,

from edit_source.c:7:
/
WORK/SDK/gcc/bin/../lib/gcc/ppc-amigaos/4.2.4/include/varargs.h:4:2error#error "GCC no longer implements <varargs.h>."
/WORK/SDK/gcc/bin/../lib/gcc/ppc-amigaos/4.2.4/include/varargs.h:5:2error#error "Revise your code to use <stdarg.h>."
edit_source.cIn function 'yyerror':
edit_source.c:71warningincompatible implicit declaration of built-in function 'exit'
edit_source.cIn function 'yyerrorp':
edit_source.c:90warningincompatible implicit declaration of built-in function 'exit'
In file included from edit_source.c:478:
preprocess.cIn function 'add_define':
preprocess.c:53warningincompatible implicit declaration of built-in function 'malloc'
preprocess.cIn function 'handle_cond':
preprocess.c:383warningincompatible implicit declaration of built-in function 'malloc'
edit_source.cIn function 'maybe_open_input_file':
edit_source.c:485warningincompatible implicit declaration of built-in function 'malloc'
edit_source.cIn function 'open_input_file':
edit_source.c:494warningincompatible implicit declaration of built-in function 'exit'
edit_source.cIn function 'open_output_file':
edit_source.c:501warningincompatible implicit declaration of built-in function 'exit'
edit_source.cIn function 'create_option_defines':
edit_source.c:542warningincompatible implicit declaration of built-in function 'malloc'
edit_source.c:551warningincompatible implicit declaration of built-in function 'exit'
edit_source.cIn function 'handle_include':
edit_source.c:600warningincompatible implicit declaration of built-in function 'malloc'
edit_source.cIn function 'make_efun_tables':
edit_source.c:845warningincompatible implicit declaration of built-in function 'exit'
edit_source.cIn function 'handle_local_defines':
edit_source.c:951warningincompatible implicit declaration of built-in function 'exit'
edit_source.cIn function 'handle_process':
edit_source.c:1014warningincompatible implicit declaration of built-in function 'exit'
edit_source.cIn function 'handle_malloc':
edit_source.c:1057warningincompatible implicit declaration of built-in function 'exit'
edit_source.cIn function 'check_linux_libc':
edit_source.c:1211warningincompatible implicit declaration of built-in function 'exit'
edit_source.cIn function 'handle_configure':
edit_source.c:1348warningincompatible implicit declaration of built-in function 'exit'
edit_source.c:1388warningincompatible implicit declaration of built-in function 'exit'
edit_source.cIn function 'main':
edit_source.c:1440warningincompatible implicit declaration of built-in function 'exit'
edit_source.c:1461warningincompatible implicit declaration of built-in function 'exit'
gmake: *** [obj/edit_source.oError 1

Actually I recall Gunther once instructing me how to use something line -use-inbuilt-definitions or something... probably not quite the same thing... I miss the old gcc mailing list!

~Yes I am a Kiwi, No, I did not appear as an extra in 'Lord of the Rings'~
1x AmigaOne X5000 2.0GHz 2gM RadeonR9280X AOS4.x
3x AmigaOne X1000 1.8GHz 2gM RadeonHD7970 AOS4.x
Go to top

Register To Post