Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!

Sections

Who's Online
70 user(s) are online (43 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 1
Guests: 69

Maijestro, more...

Headlines

Register To Post  

New Case
Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

See User information
Hi everyone,

You might know me for designing and producing the Minimig cases and the 1541U cases for the Commodore 64 (more specifically for the 1541 Ultimate board for the C64, C128, Vic 20 and Plus 4).

www.loriano.pwp.blueyonder.co.uk

As you know I have been working on a new computer case for some time, on and off for about three maybe four years, and it?s only now that I have finally managed to reach a stage where a fully working prototype can be made.

Originally this case was going to be a dedicated case for the SAM and the Natami (when it becomes available) but with time it developed into something that, hopefully, will attract more buyers since it?s going to accommodate different motherboards standards.

Specifications:

Low Profile Case
Accepts Mini ITX, Flex ATX and Micro ATX motherboards
Space for one 5.25? drive (DVD-RW/Blueray)
Space for one maybe two 3.5? hard drives
Space for one maybe two 3.5? drives (floppy disk drive or card reader)
Space for one picoPSU (at the moment I think the most powerful is the picoPSU 150W by minibox)
Accepts ONLY Low Profile cards

I would like to get some input from you guys.

Could you please let me know what you think is the most powerful system that can run on a 150W-200W picoPSU?

Not just Amiga related (SAMs, A1s etc..etc?) but also x86 based.

So if you had 150W maybe 200W of power to play with what is the most powerful system you could build?

Consider:
CPU (any)
DVD-RW/Blueray
Low Profile Graphics Card (in PCI, AGP or PCI-Express form) I am particularly interested in this!
Two to four 3.5? Drives
Up to two PCI Expansion Cards

Once I have gathered enough data I?ll see if I can have a fully working prototype made, hopefully by the end of this year maybe January 2010.

PS: If you have a C64 with a ?naked? 1541 Ultimate board please consider buying a case for it as this money will go towards this new project.
amigarulez@hotmail.com

Thank you!

Go to top

Register To Post