Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!

Sections

Who's Online
113 user(s) are online (80 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 0
Guests: 113

more...

Headlines

Register To Post  

« 1 2 (3)
Re: Help me,issues on my Amiga One
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
@MamePPCA1

had similar problems just uptil now.. my micro started to freeze during network traffic, but when I changed to udma5 from udma4 everything works just fine.( so far though.). this change can be made in the UBoot preferences.

Go to top
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
@gnyx

Can you say me how to change the UDMA?

Even if a micro-Amiga One is not exactly an Amiga One...

Amiga 500 1MB Chip RAM with ACA 500+ACA1232,CD32,Amiga 1300 030/50 Mhz,32MB (now on my hands at least)and Amiga One G3 XE PPC 800 Mhz,ATI Radeon 9250 128 MB,256 MB RAM,Seagate 200 GB HD,2 working DVD drives,X-Arcade double for MAME,Sil0680,4 USB ports,LG
Go to top
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
@MamePPCA1

open the prefs drawer and doubleklick on the UBoot icon.
in the IDE ports tab, select UDMA5 transfer mode for your harddrive and then click save. reboot.

but, this tip is for the micro, I mixed up your configuration while reading the thread so it's possible that this solution doesn't apply to your problem...

Go to top
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
@MamePPCA1

He looks at this image, it is an A1 with that fan, it is the Zalman V900-CU

Resized Image

Go to the web-----> http://metacomco.com/hardware/
and look the fantastic A1.

Greetings

AmigaONE X1000 First Contact
Go to top
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
@gnyx

It seems not to be a solution.I marked all my IDE Siil0680 drives from automatic to UDMA and the machine still crashes.

But I found a solution with this that is the startup sound sounds practically perfect when before the sound was stuttering.

Amiga 500 1MB Chip RAM with ACA 500+ACA1232,CD32,Amiga 1300 030/50 Mhz,32MB (now on my hands at least)and Amiga One G3 XE PPC 800 Mhz,ATI Radeon 9250 128 MB,256 MB RAM,Seagate 200 GB HD,2 working DVD drives,X-Arcade double for MAME,Sil0680,4 USB ports,LG
Go to top
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
@MamePPCA1

did you try the highest udma settings ? I do not know if udma5 is the highest on your machine. if udma6 is the highest for example, give it a try as well..

Go to top
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
@gnyx

No I tried UDMA5 (100 MB/s) and the highest on my machine is UDMA6.

Go to top
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
@gnyx

I tried with UDMA6 (133 MB/s) and it lockups again.

With UDMA5 I got a crash even opening a drawer or a volume!!!

I will wait until tomorrow for your responses and if I can't do nothing best,I will buy the Zalman VF900.

Go to top
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
@Fernecho

I went this morning to two PC shops and they say me they can't install it.On one they say me because is a VGA cooler and on the second they say me it is impossible to put the cooler on the CPU.

Is it possible to install the Zalman cooler on the CPU or is it impossible?

If it is a Zalman VF900-cu VGA cooler how can I install it on the CPU?

Is there a guide or something?

To the ones they recommend me this cooler,tell me how the man or woman of the Amiga One's photo managed to install it.

Go to top
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
@MamePPCA1

The mounting holes on the AmigaOne CPU module are the same as mounting holes on VGA cards and some Northbridge mounting holes. In other words, the Zalman VF900 will mount on either a VGA graphics card, or an AmigaOne CPU module without much effort. The people you talked to in the shops did not know anything about how to mount coolers on the AmigaOne CPU.

-Interrogative

Go to top
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
@interrogative

And all the holes in the Amiga One's CPU match with the cooler's holes?

And shall I mount it on the little platform that is above the motherboard or shall I extract this platform?

Any help to mount the cooler on my A1 will be much appreciated.

Go to top
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
@MamePPCA1

I cannot make sure to 100%, I don't have an A1, but according to the images and the comments of the web that I recommend you up, I believe that you won't have problems in mounting it in your A1, interrogative also tells it to you, the salespersons that tell you that it is not good to mount in a CPU they don't know that they are speaking ( no se enteran de nada ), they ignore the measures of the PPC CPU of the A1, they don't know that the anchorages of the fan coincide with those of the A1, most of salespersons of PC?s don't know anything about what sells ( solo saben que precio tiene y que es para PC ), me after seeing the images, and of reading what comments interrogative, I believe that it is the fan that you need.

A greeting

AmigaONE X1000 First Contact
Go to top
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
@Fernecho

OK Fernecho,I take your comments into account.

Can anybody say me what elements of the pocket may I use to mount the cooler? Screws,thermal grease,etc...
On the manual it only gives instructions for a graphic card mounting.

Go to top
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
@MamePPCA1

Quote:

Can anybody say me what elements of the pocket may I use to mount the cooler? Screws,thermal grease,etc...

Grease is a must. A good one. Arctic silver 5 is a good start.
Decent fan (build quality) too (small fans tend to vibrate more than big).
Here A1 works well with chipset cooler with fan removed, there's 90mm fan on bracket above the heatsink and good quiet case fan. Works great (and it is hot here).

Jack

Resized Image
"the expression, 'atonal music,' is most unfortunate--it is on a par with calling flying 'the art of not falling,' or swimming 'the art of not drowning.'. A. Schoenberg
Go to top
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
@Jack

The thermal grease cape must be slim no? It's that I readed over internet.

Could I use the thermal grease suplied with the cooling fan?

I insist,can anybody explain me even if is so easy,how to mount my new cooler on my Amiga One's CPU?

Go to top

Register To Post
« 1 2 (3)